TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a dual sport but life seemed to always get in the way. My luck changed last weekend. I was killing time of Facebook when I came across a 92 tw200 for sale. I called the seller and asked some questions and was making the 2 hr drive to see it shortly after. The bike was in pretty good shape but needed some love. Needless to say I quickly loaded it up and headed home. Once I got home I started ordering parts( chain, sprockets, plug, oil and air filter, etc.
This is what she looked like when I picked her up.

I will keep y'all posted on my plans for it.

Thanks for a great site wilts a lot of good info!!!!

P.S. is anyone else in the Auburn, Al area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If you were "killing time on Facebook" you really needed this bike.
Congrats and have a great time modding her up. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You should be able to find any info you need for fixing, modding and maintaining your TW right here.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank guys! Yes the bike is unmolested. It only has 2970 miles. I'm looking forward to it. Originally it was just going to be a learner bike, but I don't think I will able to give it up. And that's after one quick ride down the street and back.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome .... I love that tank graphic, mine is so generic.

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got to put about 40 miles on the bike today. So far I love it but i want to make a few changes. The main one is I need a stiffer spring on the rear. It looks like I need to make a purchase with pro cycle.

Also, I started on a digital camo wrap on the plastics. What do y'all think?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Before you go buy a spring, you might adjust the one in there. It can be set a little stiffer.
I got to put about 40 miles on the bike today. So far I love it but i want to make a few changes. The main one is I need a stiffer spring on the rear. It looks like I need to make a purchase with pro cycle.

Also, I started on a digital camo wrap on the plastics. What do y'all think?

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Littletommy, thanks. I wasn't aware the spring could be adjusted. I will have to look in to that.

If you look at it closely you'll see a circlip in a grooved ring on the shock, you'll see another ring below that and there's one that you can't see above it. The shock does have to come off and be disassembled to move it. If that adjustment isn't enough, you can also add a small spacer and then put it all together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts