TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my customers is the VP of Truck lite Inc and we were trying to figure a way to use their rectangle LED headlight on my TW. Anyway, he just called me from NY at the headquarters and said they would have a 4x6 headlight available in DEC this year. As soon as I get my hands on one I will show a detail install and see if I can do a group buy through him. Sorry no pics as of yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How about this?
4x6 LED Headlamps - PreAssembled Headlights & Sealed Beams - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

4x6_oracle_led_headlamps_update.png

Product Overview
The ORACLE 4" x 6" Sealed Beam Headlamp is an LED Replacement Headlamp for any vehicle application requiring
a 4" x 6" Headlamp.It features 15 high output, high intensity 3 Watt CREE LEDS (Made in the U.S.A.)totaling 45Ws
per headlamp. Waterproof, and extremely durable, these headlamps are perfect for replacing simple halogens with
more effective LEDs.This product has a 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty as well as
a plug and play design ~ Factory H4 Plug ~ and a highbeam/lowbeam function.

Product Specs: Per Headlamp
Weight: 1Lb 6 oz
Length: 6.2 in
Width: 3.1 in
Height: 4.2 in
Wattage Per Lamp: 45
Operating Voltage: 12VDC/24VDC
Waterproof Rating: IP67
Power Draw: 3A
Lifetime: 50,000 hrs.

Looks like a pair goes for about $240 here:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/ORACLE4x6inch45WLEDHeadlampReplacement.aspx

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got bad news today , the Truck Lite 4x6 is only a single light, no high / low beam. I will get a 5x7 next week from Truck Lite to see if it can be fitted to our bikes. I know I can get the 7" round if it were easy to convert to round light

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry, if I had paid attention I would have realized you were trying to help out a customer and other TW'ers. Thank you for that.

Still.... the Oracle 4x6 is high and low beam and since two come in a box, just split the cost. Kind of a mini group buy. ;)

Maybe I should check with my brother. He is the LED product manager for Mouser Electronics and is something of an LED geek-a-zoid. :)

Reactions: Fred

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Are any of these DOT approved for on road use ?.
I have the 4x6 JW Speaker LED projectors on Tdub2. They are they only LEDs I could find that are high/low. All the others were one or the other. Thay have a sturdy aluminum body and polycarbonate lens--virtually bullet proof. 2.5 amps each, so use one on the early electrical systems, 2 on the late electrical systems, so the load stays balanced with electrical output. Yes, they are legal in North America, including Canada--DOT and SAE certified. They work extremely well, as effective as the not-legal-in-Canada HIDs. However, they are VERY expensive. Not even BMWs or Harleys have this quality of LEDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts