TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I some how stumbled across a pic of a TW on the Web and fell in love. I haven't had a bike since my motocross days 30 years ago but really miss riding. No longer having the need for speed and without health insurance the TW looks like a good way to get back on two wheels. Glad I found this site too. Have been reading all I can till eyes won't stay open. Hope to have a TW before summer is over.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Please update your profile to include city and state. You might have members in your area

Rick

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
You will love it. Don't wait too long to get one, Do it soon, ASAP! Life is short. Your story is mine basically MX when young, 30 year break and back in the saddle. I think I missed working on them as much as riding.

Welcome from NJ!

I some how stumbled across a pic of a TW on the Web and fell in love. I haven't had a bike since my motocross days 30 years ago but really miss riding. No longer having the need for speed and without health insurance the TW looks like a good way to get back on two wheels. Glad I found this site too. Have been reading all I can till eyes won't stay open. Hope to have a TW before summer is over.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I find a lot pf us here in the same boat as far as off bikes and coming back to a TW and loving it,
You may live close enough to someone who will let you take a peak at their bike,
Im in Phila and Pittsburgh Pa and your welcome to swing by,
Easy to ride and maneuver at low speeds,
In my opinion, All the fun these TWs offer is under 40 Mph and you can't beat it !
Welcome to the forum.
Peter B

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Went from 1987 to 2014 without a "Ride" .... In 2 years I have logged over 5200 miles on my 2014, don't wait any longer than you can:

Moab, Upper Great Lakes, West Virginia, and Big Bend Texas.....you won't regret it one bit:

TW Run again 015.JPG

Wolf River Hoot1.jpg Big Bend OOR.jpg West By Gawd Virginia Covered Bridge 1.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome little buddy.

Plenty of places to ride on road too. Forget 81 and 90 take the back roads. Buffalo to Albany, Endicott to Alex bay, NY is an amazing state to ride.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Went from 1987 to 2014 without a "Ride" .... In 2 years I have logged over 5200 miles on my 2014, don't wait any longer than you can:

Moab, Upper Great Lakes, West Virginia, and Big Bend Texas.....you won't regret it one bit:

View attachment 30695

View attachment 30696 View attachment 30697 View attachment 30698
Sounds like me!

I wiped out in 1986. That was IT...until my Fiftieth in 2008. I did two things...bought a small bike and quit my job. My boss, who came from our new owners, said, once too often....in a Florida cracker accent (this in Cleveland)...he said to us...three in the morning..."We're gon' fihre y'all. This ain't Conrail no more - y'all better staht toein' th' line, y'heah?"

I heard. Once too often. I answered with a two-word response, that was not Merry Christmas. As fellow Ohioan, Johnny Paycheck once said...take this job and shove it, redneck. Get the hell back to Crackerland where YOU-all belong.

I walked out...I can't say I bettered my life, but I don't really think I made it much worse. That place was becoming a sweatshop.

Anyway. One thing I found I missed from my youth, was the time, too short, when I was younger...riding. Since then I've probably ridden 80,000 miles on six different bikes...been in thirty states. I'd never have done that otherwise...if I'd stayed there, working for CSX for the Maximum Federal Hours of Service while they rake the paychecks...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Welcome from middleamerica. I can't afford new, so I buy used. They're out there, and you will find a peach with a little patience. It won't be peach colored unless you buy Fred's "Betty Boop". You might even find a well farkled example for half new price. Most won't advise buying a '87 model because they're too fast for most.lololol Really, it's the electrical issues that can be problematic. But, I love my '87.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dealer about 1 hour away has this one on the floor. It would be $5060 out the door. Balls in my court lol.
Well Little Buddy there is really very little reason to buy one new unless you just can't wait(I can understand that feeling of newness and now though). For half the price your dealer is asking you can get a very nice unit. Heck, I've got 6K in mine and I have it advertised for 3K. I might be changing my mind again soon, I do that a lot and just keep my backup baby. They are fun rides and they don't have to be just for off roading, though that's where they really probably shine. I like mine as a back roads rambler. Hope you find yours, new or used.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Always glad to have another T Dubber on this forum.
This is the best forum for any bikes on the net.

Welcome!

·
Registered
319 Posts
By the way, saw your post on a new one.
Dont go that route unless you are loaded with cash and don't want the summer to pass you by.

Try Search Tempest which searches all of Craigslist.
Then search about 250 miles out.
Youll have great opportunities.
But....depends on where you live.

I paid $3,200.00 for mine which is a 2013 and had only 65 miles on it.
Let that be your guide.
Ive owned four TWs before this and only one was new, a 2010 I treated a sport bike for. Lost my shirt but real happy to land my first TW.
They are out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts