TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello. Finally just purchased a new 2013 this morning and going to go play tonight, can't wait. Have been reading all you guys great comments on this bike (have wanted one for years) and finally got tired of taking the big dual sport off road and want something a little less muscle and more fun....can't wait.

Looked forever for a used one but with the discount I got through a friend who know the owner of the local bike shop I ended up not paying much more than most the used ones I see (these things seem to really keep their value). Hoping the 2014's don't come out with bigger engine and EFI
, but if they do, told the wife we will just have to own 2

Can't wait to get it dirt! Look forward to learning and share with everyone on here...already ordered the rear rack which will be in next week.

Desertwolf

Arizona

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome! I went from KLR650 to TW. Way more fun, I liked it so much I now have two! These bikes are much more capable in the rough stuff than they are given credit for. Push it and you'll be amazed at what it can go over. I really like going places my 4 wheel drive ATV buddies can't fit through.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Welcome! I went from KLR650 to TW. Way more fun, I liked it so much I now have two! These bikes are much more capable in the rough stuff than they are given credit for. Push it and you'll be amazed at what it can go over. I really like going places my 4 wheel drive ATV buddies can't fit through.

I also have a KLR and just bought a 2013 TW200 but I'm still keeping the KLR for the longer trips.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum Desertwolf!

Be sure to get yourself a real skidplate before you start seriously banging around any big rocks.

Have fun and enjoy your new toy.

Brian

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't think they are gonna produce any more TW's in Japan anymore. I don't see any on their site beyond 2007. That was their 20th anniversary edition and it was a TW 225

here is their website in Japan. NO TW225

Yamaha Japan Link

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the welcoming comments. Got her nice and dirt tonight. 37 amazing miles of all dirt, water, bolders and sand. She was amazing!!!

Some pictures as requested.....

New just home ready to go play

Hitting the dirt

Playing in the water

[

·
Registered
194 Posts
You call that water!! Here in Michigan we call that a puddle
Have fun on the new bike, looks like you have some great riding in your backyard. Here is a little video of the riding I get to do in my backyard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts