TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ontario, Canada! Yes I'm sure you will miss the raw power of Uncle Thunder but you will cherish the e-start, the shedding of so many pounds and the ability to go just about anywhere you want as long as your not trying to break any speed records! Congrats on your new T-Dub!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Welcome from WI. I think you’ll like that new bike! Relatively easy to work on. And reliable, quick troubleshooting advice available here.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Just wanted to say hi.
Just sold my 76 xt500 (Uncle Thunder) and bought a new TW.
I've wanted one for years. I love it but will miss the big single torque just couldn't kick that that thing anymore.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new TW. I had an SR500 and if starting your XT500 was anything close to the SR, I fully understand what you mean. My SR had a compression release and some kind of alignment window so I didn't get launched into outer space or lose my leg.

P.S. and the TW vibrates far less than the SR did and I assume your SR.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from British Columbia, Canada

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!
Could you send me some cheese? Just love that extra sharp cheddar...

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
Big welcome! Looks like your family just might need three TWs. They are a good size to learn on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a couple boys that age and put them on Honda XR 100s and they were happy to follow me around with those till they turned 13 (I think) and then they wanted Kawasaki 200s....they passed me and that was that.....still have the Hondas, not even a boy could break one... :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a couple boys that age and put them on Honda XR 100s and they were happy to follow me around with those till they turned 13 (I think) and then they wanted Kawasaki 200s....they passed me and that was that.....still have the Hondas, not even a boy could break one... :)
X2. My first bike was an 03 XR100, at about the same age. Put it through heck and it happily obliged.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Congrats on the new TW. Better start shopping for a couple used TW's.. the old ones are just like the new ones, with very minor differences. Most folks steer clear of the '87 model, but I like my '87 TW the best.

Reactions: bartruff

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome from Bel Air Maryland.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island. I'm a TW noob also. Still negotiating with my local dealer for a 2018. I love the Sandy Beige color scheme on the T-Dub and XT250.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
welcome to the forum!

i still have family in and around kimberly, and i too love me some squeaky cheese!

you'll find the tdub is a great bike, all the limitations are part of it's charm, as it lumbers on.

ride on!

joe band

1 - 20 of 20 Posts