TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Two weeks ago I purchased a leftover 2013 with 1 mile for $3700 out the door (new front tire, handguards and large pegs now installed). I followed the forum more than six months before I made the leap to TWs. Without all of the really helpful information on this site, I am positive I would not have bought a TW. I am not a mechanic, so it is comforting to know most problems I will have are already addressed on the site. Thanks ALOT for the work you guys are putting in to keep us novices on the right track. The thing is a blast to ride and I can't wait to really start exploring the mountains around here. The Continental Divide is only 15 miles from my house. Not sure this thing will outrun a grizzly though!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome!

Don't worry, it will out run Grizzly's...

Barely. (bearly) :D

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
Not sure this thing will outrun a grizzly though!
Yeah – them buggers are four wheel drive.

Still – if you manage it – post the pics ……….

(Welcome to the mad house )

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome aboard, Eric!! :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Neighbor! Excellent choice!

I bought my 2005 TW several years ago and still love it! What a fine bike to explore our area! I have been through several other bikes in recent years but the TW is the one I will not sell! (also have a cfr250L, another fine dual sport)

I have a small condo inn town and my main house up near Mullan Pass and I will be commuting on the TW again soon. I leave it in town so I can get it out and ride it in any season (40 degrees, sunny, and dry roads.... I don't ask for much!).

Happy trails! Rudy in Helena (the "divide" is 1.5 miles from our mountain home!!!)

I usually work Mon/Tue and have the rest of the week off. Let me know if you ant to go exploring sometime!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome Neighbor! Excellent choice!

I bought my 2005 TW several years ago and still love it! What a fine bike to explore our area! I have been through several other bikes in recent years but the TW is the one I will not sell! (also have a cfr250L, another fine dual sport)

I have a small condo inn town and my main house up near Mullan Pass and I will be commuting on the TW again soon. I leave it in town so I can get it out and ride it in any season (40 degrees, sunny, and dry roads.... I don't ask for much!).

Happy trails! Rudy in Helena (the "divide" is 1.5 miles from our mountain home!!!)

I usually work Mon/Tue and have the rest of the week off. Let me know if you ant to go exploring sometime!
I know the wife would like to go there. She has relatives from there. Her Gma is from there. Do you know any Southards or trinneers?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Welcome to the forum what a great choice you made on your new TW please share your continental divide adventures here on the forum :)

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Welcome Eric. The NorthWest TW Posse seems to be growing. You folks might consider an informal meet-n-greet trail ride sometime. This forum has an underutilized "Community" section that facilitates locating other riders in your region. Not everyone has the same skills and riding interests but that doesn't really matter. Since the TW is such a rare bird it becomes rewarding just to meet and share experiences with like minded riders.
Now go chase some grizzlies.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome Eric....I think after following all these enthusiastic forum members for six months one feels they have to get a TW so they can join in on all the fun. Now you're one of the unique TW owners and hopefully you will have as much fun riding your TW as the rest of us. :D

Reactions: plumbstraight
1 - 15 of 15 Posts