TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, John here.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I purchased my first motorcycle last week: a 2013 TW200! I did a bit of riding 30 years ago on small dual sports, but never took the plunge to buy one. So glad I discovered the TW and finally got one! I live in Nanaimo BC on Vancouver Island where I have easy access to country roads and the endless network of resource roads on southern Vancouver Island. I think the T-Dub is perfectly suited for the type of exploring I want to do - low and slow. It's also a nice stable-mate for our Kodiak 450. Now I just need to get my licence and insurance and I'm good to go! In the meantime, my son and I are putting time on it riding around the yard. But the road awaits!

I'm happy to be part of this TW community! So much experience and support to draw on, and lots of good stories and pics. I look forward to making some contributions of my own.

See you online, on the road or out in the woods!

John

PS: and Happy Fathers' Day to all you dads out there!

IMG_5634 - 1M.JPG

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
There is some excellent riding in your area.
Check out DualsportBC and you might be able to connect with some other riders in your area.
Don't forget if you are going to be doing a lot of trail riding to get a trail pass, not mandatory, but does help trail building in BC.

I'll be the first to say - loose the front tire and Welcome!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello John, welcome to a great community of members that will almost fight each other help a newbie wiith just about anything that you can possibly think of. ( TW related, or not ) Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Any recommendations for the front tire? I expect I will be on gravel most of the time, but I'd like something suitable for asphalt too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Or you could be the first to try the new mountain hybrid by motoz.
It is more rounded with deeper noobs.
I run the Pirelli MT 43 on the front of the TW and it is wearing very well and the traction for what we ride in is great.
I have the mountain hybrid on the back of my WR and it is working great in the bush.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That is what I will be trying out when the time comes to replace mine. I am a bit concerned about how it will be in mud, though.
Trials tires work in mud if they are not spun. Being the front tire it will dig through the mud and find traction on the ground beneath.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts