TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been a non-owning member of the forum for awhile but became an owning member last Saturday.
I have been riding motorcycles for 43 of my 50 years.
Many thanks to everyone posting your rides, mods, issues and fixes.
I live in Utah and I am trying to make it to Moab for at least some of the Spring gathering.
I am super excited to rack up the miles on the TW.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Thanks everyone, I should add that while I've been riding most of my life I still suck at it! I'm not fast, I don't have mad skills but I love riding motorcycles.
Awesome! Your riding description probably fits more of us than we know...and more than a bunch of us will admit!

Welcome and maybe we'll see you in Moab. Riding is Moab in super safe! Well????

Not sure why my helmet fell off and started taking upside down footage? :p

Hmmm? There could be an alternate reason.

·
Super Moderator
4,842 Posts
I don't have mad skills but I love riding motorcycles.
None of us have “mad skills” — just mad attitudes. There’s a video on here somewhere of one of more “gifted” members half way up a bunch of rocks, who, on deciding he wasn’t going to make it, stuck his right foot out to steady himself while coming to a halt. As the rear brake is also on the right foot, he slid effortlessly and gracefully backwards before coming to the conclusion that a “bail out” was inevitable — (Note to self: If someone called “Larry” says “you’ll be fine”, you’re on your own)

On a slightly more serious note, the range of “skills” expected to be on display, range from “hold my beer, I got this” — to the more “docile” (read sensible). The types of rider come with the nature of the bike. None of us want to end up battered and bruised on day one with a week to go. There will be something for everyone, that’s the way we roll

Just remember — it’s not a race, it’s all about the journey

On the subject of “mad attitudes”, in 24hrs time I will be on a 12hr flight to get to Salt Lake City. As far as “hold my beer, I got this” goes — hey, “free beer” ! — what’s not to like ?

Welcome to the board, and hope to meet up with you soon ….. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and I can't believe no one else has asked this yet but what did you buy?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, It sounds like this is a great group.

What does "Larry's" bike look like? Sounds like I need to keep a look out for him :D

Moab question, do members bring spouses? My amazing wife rides a CRF150F and Moab is her favorite.

Safe travels and it's looking like Moab is in my near future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome and I can't believe no one else has asked this yet but what did you buy?
After searching the local classifieds and missing out on several used T-Dub's I found a great dealer and bought a 2019 TW200.

I figure that I could be riding this thing well into my 90's so I better start with a new one.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
How far away are you from Moab? Wouldn't you like to go this year?
Haha, It sounds like this is a great group.

What does "Larry's" bike look like? Sounds like I need to keep a look out for him :D

Moab question, do members bring spouses? My amazing wife rides a CRF150F and Moab is her favorite.

·
Registered
713 Posts

Yes, there are at least a few spouses and females riding Moab. All are welcome!

·
Registered
166 Posts
2019, fancy! I'm still considered a "noob", but welcome to T'dub den. Lot's to learn and laugh at for sure..:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome welcome. The TW world is a fun one. Slow and steady.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts