TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2013 TW with only 916 miles on it.

Specs when I got it...

Seat concepts seat, DG exhaust, jet kit, KN, custom oil cooler, tach/temp gauges, Protaper bars, Bark Buster hand guards, heated grips, Galfer wave rotor/ ss brake line, Progressive fork springs/ rear shock spring, cyclops LED headlight, skid plate, luggage rack, tool tube, folding shift lever, windscreen, HD chain.

Guy I bought it from lived not even a mile from my house. He gave me a real good deal plus all the original parts he took off.
Real nice guy...Thank you Bob!

I will post pics when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
Not sure what you paid, but if it was a fair price, you did VERY well. Congrats on the new bike. Fill in your location and post some pics! Welcome!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to the group from Ottawa and congrats on the great find you made. Many of us here have travelled for hours to find the right T-Dub at the right price....including myself!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow! That sounds like a legitimately awesome find!! Pictures?

Oh, and welcome to the crew—I'm still technically NEW as well. I've done some of the things you have listed, but there is a lot more you've got going on.

Specs when I got it...

Seat concepts seat, DG exhaust, jet kit, KN, custom oil cooler, tach/temp gauges, Protaper bars, Bark Buster hand guards, heated grips, Galfer wave rotor/ ss brake line, Progressive fork springs/ rear shock spring, cyclops LED headlight, skid plate, luggage rack, tool tube, folding shift lever, windscreen, HD chain.

Guy I bought it from lived not even a mile from my house. He gave me a real good deal plus all the original parts he took off.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Hey Jeephead,

I think that you should take it back and tell him that you also want a kickstarter and a better front tire on this bike. Other than those items you should be pretty satisfied with it.

Just kidding you! You scored a nice TW. Do you know what kind of coating is on the header pipe?

Where are you located?

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A kick starter would be great. Not sure on pipe. Live in NY, near Lake George

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Welcome to you and nice deal. Looks like someone went and wanted and did just about everything you can do and buy for a TW.
Good that you don't have to buy all that crap, haha.

Follow threads on losing the stock front tire. And yeah... since you have very little to add to an already loaded TW, a kickstart kit will round it all out.

I'm going to be riding up in your neck of the woods with some friends in about a week, by Great Lake Sacandaga. The 13, 14 & 15. PM me if you are interested in meeting up. Going to be exploring some logging and fire roads between Northville & Speculator that we were on briefly during Dirt Daze last year.

Two (2) XT225's, One (1) XT250, One (1) XR250L. I'll be leaving the TW home this trip unless a "buddy" needs it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to you and nice deal. Looks like someone went and wanted and did just about everything you can do and buy for a TW.
Good that you don't have to buy all that crap, haha.

Follow threads on losing the stock front tire. And yeah... since you have very little to add to an already loaded TW, a kickstart kit will round it all out.

I'm going to be riding up in your neck of the woods with some friends in about a week, by Great Lake Sacandaga. The 13, 14 & 15. PM me if you are interested in meeting up. Going to be exploring some logging and fire roads between Northville & Speculator that we were on briefly during Dirt Daze last year.

Two (2) XT225's, One (1) XT250, One (1) XR250L. I'll be leaving the TW home this trip unless a "buddy" needs it.
That would be great. Sacandaga Lake is a great ride aound.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow you just won the lottery!

I'm wondering, who would put all those mods on a bike and do only 900 miles with it?
The guy has a few bikes, Husqvarna 650 and a BMW 1200GS. He also flys planes so he does not get to ride much.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

I'm wondering, who would put all those mods on a bike and do only 900 miles with it?

The same type of folks that buy a KLR or DR650, set it up to travel to Peru and end up just going to the mall and Starbucks with it. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts

For real. I've only had my bike since the end of February, and I've put almost 1500mi on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts

Specs when I got it...

Nice ride...How much did it set up back?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts