TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Get your old TW running again.

It seems there are enough people swapping in 57mm stroke crankshafts that there should be plenty of 55mm crankshafts going for a song.

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
Alright Lori!! You go girl!! :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Way to go!!! That was much smoother looking than my first ride.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Woo-Hoo! Ride the World!

PS. Get out the wallet.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Looks like you two are loading up for another adventure together. Mules this time? Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Just sorry Burgdorf got cancelled.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burgdorf still closed, but late yesterday afternoon found out our support for the fires is slowing down. With this we were able to shut down our midnight shift.

We decided to salvage the weekend with a short camp trip, so we loaded up the machines and will head out this morning. Oddly enough we may have to worry about mud as it started raining last night. Fire to floods eh?

While I was loading things up last night, Lori wanted to see if she could ride the TW. She hopped on and after just a couple engine stalls, she was rolling. She rode it the short distance in 1st gear over to her parents. When she left, she rode up our driveway and even shifted up to 2nd or 3rd. She really likes to relax on the ATV as you don't have to pay as close attention to the rocks and ruts, but I think she would really like to ride the TW in some circumstances. Me too! I was notified the color pink may be added to one of the TW!

Tony, I'll have to get working on an engine for the Mayflower in earnest now! I may not be the only TW rider in the fleet!

Weebles, littletommy and Rhodetrip, I had a pretty big grin on my face seeing her riding it around. Baby steps :D

·
Super Moderator
17,987 Posts
O no...

A pink TW and Lori with her pink helmet cruising along....

That will be quite a sight to behold!!! :D

Proud of ya kiddo... :p

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hit a little bit of that mud getting to my camp spot Friday morning.
Not to avoid rain/snow/mud, but we rode the Silver City area. Cold but dry. Looks like you got into the mud pretty good on your camp trip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I camped off the Trinity Mountain Road, the one that comes off the Fall Creek/Prairie Rd, not on one of the ones coming from the Featherville area. It rained pretty good in Mountain Home Thursday night and it was a little muddy going around Andersen and up Fall Creek road. Didn't encounter mud anywhere else while riding all weekend. Cold where I was at too, really makes you miss the camp fires. It was all I could do to sit outside and listen to the Boise State game Friday night. It was a good weekend of riding, although I have road all of it many times. Need to expand my horizons and start exploring places like the Owyhees.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I camped off the Trinity Mountain Road, the one that comes off the Fall Creek/Prairie Rd, not on one of the ones coming from the Featherville area. It rained pretty good in Mountain Home Thursday night and it was a little muddy going around Andersen and up Fall Creek road. Didn't encounter mud anywhere else while riding all weekend. Cold where I was at too, really makes you miss the camp fires. It was all I could do to sit outside and listen to the Boise State game Friday night. It was a good weekend of riding, although I have road all of it many times. Need to expand my horizons and start exploring places like the Owyhees.
You'll have to give me the tour of the Trinities as I've never ridden over in the Trinities. Pickup yes, but TW no. There are some trails near, above Lava Mtn which take you over towards the Trinities I'd like to try one day. I saw a video and it didn't look to hard or scary. Not sure I'll get to unless I can ride with one of my son's. #2 might be a little leary of my trail rides after our ride last fall when our "3-hour tour" last until 0530 the next morning!

Silver City was a very very last minute thing I was able to do or I would've put the invite out. I'm working on the ride report and video's and when done you'll have a good idea of the Silver City area. We/I have ridden there many many times and I keep discovering new places to ride there. And it's got a ton of history too! I love it out there, just not in the middle of summer when it's blast furnace hot!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm up for a ride, in that area, just have to schedule it around my kids. I am not familiar with the trails you are talking about. I should probably re-phrase what I typed above, what I rode this weekend I have been on many times, there is definitely a whole lot up there I have never explored. Hoping to do one more long weekend up there this year before the weather changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts