1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided it was time for some different/new rubber:

First a slightly used Front tire from Bryan; $40 Clist:

Then the new rear tire from Motorcycle Superstore; $89.99 free shipping:

Will post pictures of them mounted soon:).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

SORRY PHOTOBUCKET DIDNT WORK!!!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

</a>

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
TTFIFY....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Rear Tire --

Front Tire

Looks like you simply replaced the worn tires with the same make/model? Just curious why you didn't try something else?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I am with truelight. I dont think the rear tire is that bad but I will definitely be getting a different front tire when money permits. Seems like its between a kenda or shinko. Any other front tire options I should know about?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Any other front tire options I should know about?

Guess that depends on what kind of riding you do. I do about 70% street and 30% off-road, (primarily gravel and dirt roads). I recently put a Kenda K270 on the front and there is a -world- of difference. Admiral, who I ride with often, put a Shinko "Golden Boy" on his TW and it very similar to the Kenda. It looks and performs much the same and if you can find one, is generally a few bucks less.

Now, if you stay on the street, you may want to ask others here what would be a good front tire for that.

The rear tire of the TW is such an oddball size that your options are much more limited.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looking at the wear on the rear it looks like you are mostly on the pavement. A tire in the dirt would have round edges worn on the blocks. It is well know to those of us that have them that the stock front tire makes an unpleasant noise on paved surfaces and is not the best in the dirt either so for $40 you could have done better. We ride them since they were on the bike and refuse to wear out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I do mainly 90% street and 10% off-road "dirt and fields working cattle and trails". I have the shinko sr428s that I got from MC superstore for about $150 (free shipping on orders over $90 and toke three days to get). They work great on pavement with little to no vibration, running recommended PSI. The only issue so far is if the trail is muddy or a little wet it takes a little more speed to go log jumping.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Guess that depends on what kind of riding you do. I do about 70% street and 30% off-road, (primarily gravel and dirt roads). I recently put a Kenda K270 on the front and there is a -world- of difference. Admiral, who I ride with often, put a Shinko "Golden Boy" on his TW and it very similar to the Kenda. It looks and performs much the same and if you can find one, is generally a few bucks less.

Now, if you stay on the street, you may want to ask others here what would be a good front tire for that.

The rear tire of the TW is such an oddball size that your options are much more limited.

I also ride about 70/30. I've been looking around for other options but it does seem the shinko and kenda are the only ones to choose from. It is hard to just get rid of things that are still in decent shape just for an upgrade (chain and tire) but if it means less falling in the mud and less chain adjustments it is probably worth it. Is a 47 rear sprocket gonna be ok for offroading?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also ride about 70/30. I've been looking around for other options but it does seem the shinko and kenda are the only ones to choose from. It is hard to just get rid of things that are still in decent shape just for an upgrade (chain and tire) but if it means less falling in the mud and less chain adjustments it is probably worth it. Is a 47 rear sprocket gonna be ok for offroading?

I have a 14/47 sprocket set-up and it works fine for me. You do lose a little low end putter but if you do more road then offroad then it is a good set-up. Also you have to give a little more gas to start off then the stock set-up

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rear Tire --

Front Tire

Looks like you simply replaced the worn tires with the same make/model? Just curious why you didn't try something else?

I like the rear tire for my 70% street & 30% off-road. But got the front tire for a good deal & just thought it would work for now. I will look into other front options, thanks for the ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts