TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Andrew. Few weeks ago I got the intense feeling that I need to get my first bike (have ridden various scooters before). I sourced a 2004 model (last year production as far as I know), really immaculate with 2500 miles from new. What a blast to ride! Not a speedbike, but if set up properly its enough for the city and some riding around the woods/lake.

Mods I did so far:

- raised aftermarket bars
- handlebars and protectors
- swiss cheese airbox mod
- small verification and service

Some pics to come soon.

Lots of helpful advice and great bikes on the forum! Hope to stay with you guys longer.

Thanks!
Andrew

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome, you're going to enjoy your new ride. Great forum here for just about any advice you could imagine. Keep the rubber sie down, Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome, as you know, TW modding is big here, but I will only do the basic things for now and ride. The bars/protectors were a great addition, to an alread great ride. I will shoot some pics and upload (can this be done directly from the PC?).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Grats! Lots of fun ahead. Looking forward to pics (I like pics :) ).

I use Photobucket to upload pics and then use the IMG code from there to embed them (just click on the link from Photobucket and paste in your post).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello & Welcome,Andrew ! TW's are popular in Poland ?? I didn't know that....interesting. I'm looking forward to your pictures......

Sam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi not sure if TW's are really popular here ( I guess not), there are a few for sale on our local auction sites, but in Europe the last TW came out in 2004, so I guess they are becoming more scarce by now, and forgotten (at least in their original form). A TW here is considered a toy bike or learner bike as they are only 125cc - that doesnt bother me though as it gets a lot of looks from car and bike drivers alike. I will prepare some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,

Some time has passed, it's -15C here so no riding for some time. However the illness kicked in and after a beer I decided to go to the garage and mod. 4 hours later it came down to this.... tw125 Andrew.jpg ... Jap exhaust, some blinkers and tailight soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, just take all the trim out and it's completly different. I must admit much more appealing in real life

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered some parts via Sebastian from TW-parts from Germany, they should be here in a couple of weeks. tweaked the need the needle a bit as well, seems to have some hiccup problems until hot, but then pulls better in midrange than in previous adjustment. But needs some more throttle off the line...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome!

Wow, you are already modded more than me!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts