TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new JNS headlight came in the mail yesterday. Installed last night and then we put together a quick comparison video of it with the stock headlight.

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
As one who has purchased the last version of the JNS, your comparison of the low/high beam is disappointing - (not you, the headlight)

There seems to be little difference between the two beams (JNS) compared to the first version (JNS)

Interesting – we’ll see how this one plays out ….

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
What a well made video! Good how-to installation guide. Impressive camera light sensitivity does a good job demonstrating the differences between hi & lo for both stock & JNS.
Love the blue Jimbo Shield and dash lighting.

As fr as lighting goes out on the road I was left with the same question I had when following Admiral with his JNS blazing away :
"What would the light pattern be if aimed a bit more downward? Could it fill in closer to the bike?"

Imagine like most things a little fine tuning can help.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I may be biased since most of my night riding is off-road where ability to see close sure helps my safe operation in technical terrain.
On the road or in town this JNS pattern might be acceptable:
jns.png

Personally I've grown used more close in, more uniform illumination for trail work.
My light.png

Even on the road and at speed stuff still can loom in from the sides like a bear a few weeks ago. I was happy to have illuminated the bear off to the side in time to slow my speed just before he crossed in front of me. A good compromise between long range illumination while still providing light immediately in front and to sides of the TW.
 my light 2 jpg.png

Supplemental LED light pods may added to those with the JNS since there is surplus wattage freed up with all these aftermarket lighting options.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Appreciate the great vid you put together to share.

Maybe it’s watching on my phone (new iPhone though), but not impressed with the lighting at all. Wasn’t I seeing large dark spots on the ground in the middle of the lighting? There should never be dark spots within the pattern of light distributed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put the DOT version in a couple days ago. I like it overall. The wide beam is very nice to see things on the sides. The high beam goes out pretty far. I’d say the stock lights a bit more directly in front of you but you can adjust the JNS down to improve that. The stock high beam may be slightly brighter in a concentrated area but does not illuminate nearly as much area as the JNS.

The JNS light looks very neat on the bike. I had the same issue with the JNS blinding me via the reflection from the inner shield at night. I could have used foam but opted to put electrical tape on the edge that shined inside the shield. That fixed it. JNS should add the foam like the stock light to prevent this. The plug and play install was a breeze.

Overall satisfied with it.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I put the DOT version in a couple days ago. I like it overall. The wide beam is very nice to see things on the sides. The high beam goes out pretty far. I’d say the stock lights a bit more directly in front of you but you can adjust the JNS down to improve that. The stock high beam may be slightly brighter in a concentrated area but does not illuminate nearly as much area as the JNS.

The JNS light looks very neat on the bike. I had the same issue with the JNS blinding me via the reflection from the inner shield at night. I could have used foam but opted to put electrical tape on the edge that shined inside the shield. That fixed it. JNS should add the foam like the stock light to prevent this. The plug and play install was a breeze.

Overall satisfied with it.
Nice review TW1988, and welcome to the forum!

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts