TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
277 Posts
Just ordered mine. I'll post some pictures when its installed.
Did you get the advertised (here, days ago, in this thread) $99.99 pricing, or what’s currently on TachIndustries' website?

Just curious if they’re honoring their original offer. No answer on that, here, 24hrs later. I suppose they’re busy with business, but might be good for them, if they dropped in on this thread.

I have a N.I.B., uninstalled, JNS DOT BLK LED light. Just got it a couple weeks ago. It’s a fine looking light. It has a proven track record, with many reviews. I’d have no problem keeping it.

I would however, consider buying the TachIndustries version instead, if it’s the exact same “improved” LED unit employed by the new JNS DOT, (not JNS’s original LED set) for TachIndustries’ seemingly better (more adjustable?) bracket and light bezel, which reportedly shields stray light scatter from behind the cowling.

I can easily fix that issue with the JNS unit, but if I don’t have to, there’s a convenience value to me.

Would consider buying TachIndustries’s light, if the LED light set is the exact same as JNS’s newer DOT light (not the original release) & for the slight improvements of the TachIndustries light, if they're still honoring their $99.99 offer.

·
Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
166 Posts
Did you get the advertised (here, days ago, in this thread) $99.99 pricing, or what’s currently on TachIndustries' website?

Just curious if they’re honoring their original offer. No answer on that, here, 24hrs later. I suppose they’re busy with business, but might be good for them, if they dropped in on this thread.

I have a N.I.B., uninstalled, JNS DOT BLK LED light. Just got it a couple weeks ago. It’s a fine looking light. It has a proven track record, with many reviews. I’d have no problem keeping it.

I would however, consider buying the TachIndustries version instead, if it’s the exact same “improved” LED unit employed by the new JNS DOT, (not JNS’s original LED set) for TachIndustries’ seemingly better (more adjustable?) bracket and light bezel, which reportedly shields stray light scatter from behind the cowling.

I can easily fix that issue with the JNS unit, but if I don’t have to, there’s a convenience value to me.

Would consider buying TachIndustries’s light, if the LED light set is the exact same as JNS’s newer DOT light (not the original release) & for the slight improvements of the TachIndustries light, if they're still honoring their $99.99 offer.
The website gave me the 99.99 offer plus shipping.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The website gave me the 99.99 offer plus shipping.
Good to hear. When I posted my 1st price inquiry, site pricing had been adjusted up @ $129 - reason for my post.

No pricing is set in stone & if they’ve built a better mousetrap, the market will surely set it’s value, accordingly - but an initial offer is an offer.

(Honoring one’s word goes a long way with most folks).

Good luck & looking forward to a write-up & maybe a few pics?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
How do members here take advantage of your introductory pricing ($99.99?) It is not reflected on your website. Thanks.
It is 99.99 on the website. I just double checked to make sure but I haven’t changed the pricing on it. What is it showing up as?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Good to hear. When I posted my 1st price inquiry, site pricing had been adjusted up @ $129 - reason for my post.

No pricing is set in stone & if they’ve built a better mousetrap, the market will surely set it’s value, accordingly - but an initial offer is an offer.

(Honoring one’s word goes a long way with most folks).

Good luck & looking forward to a write-up & maybe a few pics?

Here is a direct link.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Tach Industries, I have a couple of quick questions: What is the country of origin of the light bulb? And is it in fact the same model the JNS kit uses as mentioned? Lastly, am I correct to assume you make the bracket, etc. here in the USA? I look forward to ordering this from you as my next mod. Thanks so much. P

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi Tach Industries, I have a couple of quick questions: What is the country of origin of the light bulb? And is it in fact the same model the JNS kit uses as mentioned? Lastly, am I correct to assume you make the bracket, etc. here in the USA? I look forward to ordering this from you as my next mod. Thanks so much. P
Light-China
JNS-we do not own a JNS kit to guarantee they are the exact light. We order ours from a local supplier. As you’ve seen from others posting though I do not know of any differences as far as the actual light goes. Trying to answer this the safest way possible obviously.
The bracket, welding, powder coating, assembly and packing are all done right here in Mesa, Arizona.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got mine Monday and installed it yesterday. The light bleed is negligible compared to the JNS. Good job!
Nice!

Between the two vendors’ versions of the light:

1) Beam pattern (Lo/Hi) & brightness, compared?

(If you’ve seen both vendors’ lights in use, would you say performance of both the versions of these lights appears the same, or note any differences?)

2) Adjustability/fit of brackets, compared?

T.I.A.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
166 Posts
Nice!

Between the two vendors’ versions of the light:

1) Beam pattern (Lo/Hi) & brightness, compared?

(If you’ve seen both vendors’ lights in use, would you say performance of both the versions of these lights appears the same, or note any differences?)

2) Adjustability/fit of brackets, compared?

T.I.A.
While I dont have the DOT version of the JNS light, I can say that the new light has a very even beam pattern, and a very easy to adjust maximum height for the low beam.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts