TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got three new LED headlight options in the works. All use industry leading flush mount LED pods which come in multiple beam patterns, lumen outputs, and price points. There's also a fourth LED manufacturer option that I can't mention until after they publicly announce their new product line this summer. The possible configurations will be endless.

The brackets are laser cut steel, CNC formed, sandblasted, powder coated black, with simple aim adjustment.

I plan to get the mounts added to the JNS Engineering website this weekend and add turn-key kits when the pods arrive. B2B supply chains are backed up pretty badly right now.

Baja Designs Squadron Pro and Sport on a 3D printed prototype:

Diode Dynamics SS3 on first laser cut steel bracket (not powder coated):

Rigid Industries D-Series on first laser cut steel bracket (not powder coated):

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the Baja Designs Squardron Pro/Sport mounting bracket which has captive hardware (press-fit threaded nuts).

The Baja Designs dimmer hardness makes this kit a plug-and-play installation and provides low/high output functionality.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, thanks for the options. Looking forward to seeing them on the website.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
The possible configurations will be endless.
Quite - but what information are we to base our choices on ?

The first three pics seem to have the headlight blanked off, and a smaller unit cut into it, only the Morimoto 4x6 LED headlight kit looks like it belongs to a TW200. All this is only my opinion of course, and I look forward to actual wattage draw figures and example pics of beam patterns in order to make that choice - but in terms of choice, you do seem to have complicated things (for us at least)

It's a bit like buying a product from Apple - there will be another one along in a minute

From your point of view, increased choice is good - from my point of view, I now have five JNS headlights to choose from, and like Apple products, they will just keep coming as technology evolves

Ultimately, this just gets frustrating - at which point do we buy, or wait for the next ?

(Although I am posting this as a "Super Mod", don't take this the wrong way. As an existing consumer of your product, my concerns are genuine, and personal) ......

·
Registered
21,594 Posts
JNS does offer well made products to those who prefer turnkey solutions to the stock headlight.
However would like to see listings of lumens as well as beam patterns in the real world side by side with stock H4 halogens as well as one of the many under $30 5,500 plus lumen LED H4 bulbs. Long range pencil beam illumination seems an important factor in owner safety and satisfaction.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
265 Posts
Where are the headlights and accompanying equipment made? Why so many options if all we want is a brighter, robust, easily-installed bulb? In other words, exempting price, why would one choose one kit over the other? Thanks for keeping the community in the loop on your product development. P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts