TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Welcome from Bel Air MD. If you get to damn cold up there I’m 500 miles south. :).

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hey Bumble...welcome aboard from Texas!
What plans for the new bike?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver Island!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome gang. Good to meet ya's. :D

Hey Bumble...welcome aboard from Texas!
What plans for the new bike?
A solo seat set-up, with some custom carbon pieces, that will add practical usefullness, and speed of course. :rolleyes:

Good to see someone with a 2019! I don't have one yet... obviously. I have the super Jones for one, but I'm excited to see a new tw on the street!
2018 actually. I put a grand down on it in the spring, then gave them a grand or so each month till it was delivered. The TW200 is starting to get popular, and I wanted this one before my buddies caught wind.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Bumble, I love solo seats but I haven't seen any on T-Dubs that looked very good.
Too much ugly stuff under the seats.
Not like my old Nortons, Triumphs & BSAs!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll get some pics of the seat up soon. The solo-seat mod won't work for the long-legged types. I'm wee @ 5foot, 2inches, 145lbs. Bike looks huge beside me lol.
As for the exposed top of the rear fender, I'm tooling a snazy cover to make it look nice. Then a Condor back pack will be bolted onto that for snacks.
This winter will be used for getting the first mods done. I'll show yaz all. Cheers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here some tail-cover pics

The plug is nearly done.
I mold-release-agented the area, laid up 4-layers of glass / epoxy, to make the shell, mudded it, then mounted it to a board for rebating it.
I'll cast the mold when I'm satisfied with the plug's finish, then lay-up the part.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A carbon plate will be molded of the finished tail-top, which will go inside the back-pack, to act like a giant washer bolting all down to the fender mounts.
This work is how I'll kill the winter.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome gang. Good to meet ya's. :D

A solo seat set-up, with some custom carbon pieces, that will add practical usefullness, and speed of course. :rolleyes:

2018 actually. I put a grand down on it in the spring, then gave them a grand or so each month till it was delivered. The TW200 is starting to get popular, and I wanted this one before my buddies caught wind.
I'm the only one in my area with one. Kinda cool being one of a kind, while it lasts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Morning Gang. Got some more show & tell. Finished the plug, and now the mold for the tail-top is ready. Gonna cast a quick one out of it, to check fit (getting old, eyes and hands now lie to each other).

Check it:

TAIL-TOP PLUG 6.jpg TAIL-TOP MOLD 1.jpg TAIL-TOP MOLD 2.jpg

Working on a flash-mold to whip off an under-tail light/plate mount too. I'm not planning on manufacturing or selling these items,
I just want to share my tinkerings with ya'all, to hopefully spread some creative inspiration.

:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts