TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

New TW200 owner, and new member.

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  BUMBLESPECIMOODA 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

New to the forum, hope to find lots of usefull information, as well as contribute when I've learned stuff.
Got a brand new TW200. Love it. Not licenced yet, but will be for spring 2019. (gonna be a long winter...)

Cheers,

Bumble.

#5 ·
Hey Bumble...welcome aboard from Texas!
What plans for the new bike?

Reactions: Ken
#11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome gang. Good to meet ya's. :D

A solo seat set-up, with some custom carbon pieces, that will add practical usefullness, and speed of course. :rolleyes:

Good to see someone with a 2019! I don't have one yet... obviously. I have the super Jones for one, but I'm excited to see a new tw on the street!
2018 actually. I put a grand down on it in the spring, then gave them a grand or so each month till it was delivered. The TW200 is starting to get popular, and I wanted this one before my buddies caught wind.

#12 ·
Bumble, I love solo seats but I haven't seen any on T-Dubs that looked very good.
Too much ugly stuff under the seats.
Not like my old Nortons, Triumphs & BSAs!

#13 ·
I'll get some pics of the seat up soon. The solo-seat mod won't work for the long-legged types. I'm wee @ 5foot, 2inches, 145lbs. Bike looks huge beside me lol.
As for the exposed top of the rear fender, I'm tooling a snazy cover to make it look nice. Then a Condor back pack will be bolted onto that for snacks.
This winter will be used for getting the first mods done. I'll show yaz all. Cheers.

#14 ·
Here some tail-cover pics

The plug is nearly done.
I mold-release-agented the area, laid up 4-layers of glass / epoxy, to make the shell, mudded it, then mounted it to a board for rebating it.
I'll cast the mold when I'm satisfied with the plug's finish, then lay-up the part.

Attachments

#17 ·
Morning Gang. Got some more show & tell. Finished the plug, and now the mold for the tail-top is ready. Gonna cast a quick one out of it, to check fit (getting old, eyes and hands now lie to each other).

Check it:

Door handle Soap dish Table Handle
Automotive exterior Hood Rectangle
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Metal

Working on a flash-mold to whip off an under-tail light/plate mount too. I'm not planning on manufacturing or selling these items,
I just want to share my tinkerings with ya'all, to hopefully spread some creative inspiration.

:D

#32 ·
#25 · (Edited)
Got a tail-top out of the mold. Used 4-layers of 6oz. carbon cloth. First one up to aboot the fifth one out the mold, is always a learning experience. It's slickness is a thin layer of epoxy resin applied, to fill all the wee pinholes. That, will be sanded with 400g paper, then heavy oil rubbed into it, to give a practical, working finish. Don't want any fancy-pants shiney bits on my bike... :pride:

Check it:

Plumbing fixture Bathtub Room Bathroom Glass
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive exterior

Sanded & oiled:

Green Plumbing fixture Vehicle Car Sink
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Fender Auto part

#27 ·
You aren't the Molson kid that plays ball for UCLA are ya?
I heard that if you get a mouse in your beer that you get free beer eh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.