TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Finally found one to buy today.
I've been riding 2 wheelers since 1970 but have been without for the last 3 years. Been thinking about getting an "Enduro" again, been bummed ever since I sold my Suzuki 185 Sierra maybe 10 years ago.
That was a great bike and I still don't know why I let it go! Anyway I've been searching and came across this weird little TW200 that Yamaha makes. I'm a sucker for odd ball stuff and as soon as I read about these I knew
I had to get one. Ended up getting a 2002 in need of a little love. Mechanically it seems to be in great shape but it'd been dropped a few times and doesn't look new. Which is OK with me since I don't need to worry about it getting it's
first scratch!
Actually what it needs right now is a gas cap seal. Are these available or do I need to buy a complete cap? If so I'll just make one myself...
Also the rear turn signals are pretty messed up and some pf the plastics are beat up. Tires soon too.
But for now I think other than the gas cap seal, I'll do an oil and filter change, clean the air filter and adjust the valves. It has 3600 miles on it and runs great so I think it has a lot of life in it.
Looking forward to some combo street and dirt riding up to the shooting range when I get a storage box mounted behind the seat.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures...

Greg from Riverside Ca...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm Greg from Glenville, NY~!

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Same year as mine but your seat looks different.

Welcome. There's a couple of threads around here that have links to the parts fishe thingy's. I used servicehonda.com yes they sell Yamaha stuff. Doesn't look like just the gasket thingy is available. New gas cap is $85. Ouch!

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same year as mine but your seat looks different.

Welcome. There's a couple of threads around here that have links to the parts fishe thingy's. I used servicehonda.com yes they sell Yamaha stuff. Doesn't look like just the gasket thingy is available. New gas cap is $85. Ouch!

Good luck.
Yea, I'll be making a gasket long before I spend $85 on a gas cap!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats and welcome,
Read up on racks before you but a box on there. The rear "cargo rack" needs a little help to carry any actual weight.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Jagguy,
I have ordered a Kubota generator gas tank cap gasket and they fit and work fine. I have an extra in inventory. They are 9.00 bucks. PM me if you are interested.
Mel
+1

Yep, What I did. Got tired of having to unlock every time I put gas in.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can't help it, I love your Avatar. Come on Qwerty you have to have a sense of humor about this. I hope. Oh my gosh. Who knows. I need enlightenment. Is Qwerty in another dimension now? Ski Pro 3 Teddy and the Bear avatar for those that arrived later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts