TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a trail bike for a little while, and ran across a CraigsList ad for a TW. While researching the model, I found this site and noticed a "cult following" to this bike. That deal fell through, but my search started.

I finally traded for a 87 (rough, been sitting for years) TW-200 with 6500 miles. I was able to get it running fairly easily, changed the oil, and rubbed the thick grime off all the plastic. I have made a few short rides, and really enjoy fixing the little issues with the bike. Amazingly my wife sat on it, wanted to know how it is ridden, and said she wants to drive it sometime (She didn't even acknowledge the KX125 I had before).

I just wanted to Thank you all, your admiration of this machine open my eyes to a fun hobby.

dp

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Hell, my wife doesn't even want me on my bike, let alone her getting on it.

It is great that she has shown an interest in it. Enjoy!!

I do agree that TW#2 should be on its way shortly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey-welcome!..I've had my TW's for about 700 miles now,(an '87 and an '04, ...been mostly riding the '87 )and just took the first long ride of the new season yesterday, about 70 miles on mostly dirt roads with some short trails, and the thing keeps growing on me...I am realizing that the small tank will be a concern the further I explore off the beaten track, so keep your fuel use in mind if you venture away from gas stations. There is plenty of info about larger tanks and/or carrying extra gas in the forum if you need it...meanwhile enjoy! The bike will putter all day long in it's sweet spot from 35 to 45 mph and go anywhere you ask-perfect for back roads!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome

I took my wife out on the TW yesterday and she liked it, she is even expressing interest in riding it herself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts