TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a coupe years of watching craigslist for the "right deal" I sprung on this TW with 3700 miles for $1900. The only thing it needed was new tires as they were original tires. I stuck on a Duro (which is amazing), a 55 tooth sprocket, and a IRC TR8 Battle Rally in the front. Thanks to all those posts on how to install the Duro, couldn't have done it without you.

IMG_0443.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So far I like it, It doesn't freak you out cornering on the pavement but I think it will have the off road ability that I need for some single track action. I haven't really stressed it off road yet (some mud but basically flat ground) but I will post a review once I really get to know the tire a little better. It is really an impressive looking tire on the bike, lots of chunky side blocks for cornering.

IMG_0448.JPG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have you noticed a harsher ride?....I would imagine it is much stiffer than a stock tire...and heavier? And taller? Is there any clearance issues? I ask because it looks badass and would consider putting one on but I love to carve low turns around town and wonder if that aggressive of a side lug would ride rough....but the trail traction looks like it should be sick!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't ride that aggressive on the street, so I can't really answer that I can say that I am impressed at how stable it feels on pavement but I was looking for a tire that will be ridden maybe 20% of the time on pavement and probably won't see speeds over 45 mph. No clearance issues and I don't think the ride is harsher at least for front. Back tire is harsh not for street really squirms around and yes there is clearance issues with chain guard

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was there any clearance issues?.. it might be worth it to me to have another wheel with that tire...to put on for offroad adventure weekends...the traction must be incredible in the loose stuff...BTW I was mainly asking about the duro beast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts