TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody ..
This is the only forum that i've seen that worth a regist and share my adventures with my TW here in Portugal ..

Mine is a TW 125cc from 1999, with 23 000 Kms done, and a lot to do ..

There is some photos, hope you can see it.
Leave a coment :D

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pics! Looks beautiful over there. I hope you dont ride offroad with that front tire... :eek:
Haha, Yes I do .. It's the stock front tyre .. But it's passed his days .. Im waiting for Bridgestone Trail Wing 302 to replace it ;)
The stock tyre is really a GREAT tyre..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for welcome :D
Im happy to see that you guys have interest in worldwide TW's.. And on mine little 125cc engine ..

Im thinking to replace it for the 200cc stock TW200 engine .. What do you guys think?
It's hard to find one here in Portugal :(

Greetings :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are some more old photos .. Those that I've posted are from today's ride :D

Leave your opinion and your coments :D

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
More great pictures, thanks. I love seeing TW's in far off places, it's very interesting. I like seeing the differences in the bikes and the countryside. Any time you want to put up a picture be it a gas station, in front of a cafe, in a workshop, etc., please do it. I for one am going to click on it.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I was so intent on looking at your pictures I didn't initially see the question. Personally, I'd leave that little 125 alone. Why make it a 200 and go to all that work and expense? I'm pretty in to these machines, and as such spend a lot of time looking and reading. I've seen some amazing riding done on the 125's. It's sort of like this. I have two jeeps, one is a TJ with a V8 and the other is a Willys flat fender with a little, and I mean little, four cylinder engine. Truth be told, with skillful handling I can get that little 4 popper most places the V8 will go. And most of the time I have more fun doing it. That stunt video I put up the other day has 125's in it. They don't look under-powered to me :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
nice looking countryside you have there .and we all aprove of the bike. the white sand looks like it could be tricky for thoes tires

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Welcome to the Nut House :D

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
macbig2k1 on this forum could give you a few tips for upping the performance of your 125 without the need for an engine swap. (then again, he might just encourage you to swap the engine, I don't know) I posted a video in another thread for you.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
beautiful pics, great tdub. i too love seeing the similarities and differences between countries.

i spent a few days in lisbon and then a week in the algarve back in 90-91. really pretty country and friendly people.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More great pictures, thanks. I love seeing TW's in far off places, it's very interesting. I like seeing the differences in the bikes and the countryside. Any time you want to put up a picture be it a gas station, in front of a cafe, in a workshop, etc., please do it. I for one am going to click on it.
Great idea .. I'll do it yes :) And take pictures with my Fujifilm, not the garbage of cell phone that I have :p

Thanks for coming visit my topic :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was so intent on looking at your pictures I didn't initially see the question. Personally, I'd leave that little 125 alone. Why make it a 200 and go to all that work and expense? I'm pretty in to these machines, and as such spend a lot of time looking and reading. I've seen some amazing riding done on the 125's. It's sort of like this. I have two jeeps, one is a TJ with a V8 and the other is a Willys flat fender with a little, and I mean little, four cylinder engine. Truth be told, with skillful handling I can get that little 4 popper most places the V8 will go. And most of the time I have more fun doing it. That stunt video I put up the other day has 125's in it. They don't look under-powered to me :D
Yeah, that's kind of true .. Mine does 100/110Kmh .. Can't take it any further .. I want a 200cc engine becaus, probably it will have more top speed and more torque to maintain that 100Km/h speed ..
Do you know how I can tune my little 125cc engine? Just to give it a little more "life".

I have myself a 4WD, it's an Nissan Patrol GR Y60, 6 cilinder engine with 115bhp. It's a greeeeat ride!

Thanks again for come see my post :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice looking countryside you have there .and we all aprove of the bike. the white sand looks like it could be tricky for thoes tires
Yup, it was a little tricky .. But I will change my front tyre next week .. This one is great, but it's gone :(

1 - 20 of 153 Posts