TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is trevor and I have decided through much thinking that I want to buy a tw. Fitting because my name is Trevor Wakefield. I went to a dealership today just to have a look, until I can save up a decent down payment. Of coarse the salesman/vulture approached me. He said " u don't want that...beginners bike...motocross...blah...blah...blah" I explained to him I lived out near many sandy river bottoms. And I also explained the type of riding I had in mind. And the fact I didn't want to break my neck on some motorcross machine. Why would I need to 70 in a sandy river bottom? I bought a ttr230 when I was on leave from iraq and it was great, but I grew up a quad guy...and I didn't like how those skinny tires handled in the sand. And after that he understood. "Ya I see what u mean. This would be a good fit for your situation. Come back and see me when your ready." He didn't even try to sell me the lates and greatest moto.

But let me say...I didn't always like the t-dub. When I first saw it online I thought it was absolutely ugly.. then I saw it in a dealership where I was stationed at the time and I thought to my self (once I got over the tires) wow this thing is actually really cool...and I can actually touch the ground flat footed and not on my toes.

Then I found this forum. Many of you with your videos have made a believer out of me. Hopefully with in the next few weeks I will be able to post video of my own and join your ranks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and by the way I live in phoenix arizona... id like to know how else is in my area...so when the time comes I may have some fellow tdub owners to link up with

·
Registered
92 Posts
I will be the first to say it, it is an ugly bike. Especially when compared to big money spent on R&D machines like tour and MX bikes that see lots of press and TV coverage. The beauty of the TW comes in its ability. Not a finer trail bike exists. For low speed, stable, trail loping, form follows function. They are like ugly chicks, your friends may laugh, but they are reliable, forgiving, and ready to go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be the first to say it, it is an ugly bike. Especially when compared to big money spent on R&D machines like tour and MX bikes that see lots of press and TV coverage. The beauty of the TW comes in its ability. Not a finer trail bike exists. For low speed, stable, trail loping, form follows function. They are like ugly chicks, your friends may laugh, but they are reliable, forgiving, and ready to go.

Not my fat chic.

Owen

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
TW is very unique. This forum gives it plenty of press, but as well, I have seen more than a few of our members move on to bigger, faster and more sophisticated machines. Try as we might, it always stops way short of being 'fast'.

It's strengths seem to be it's simplicity, saddle height, traction/floation and as well, it's 'look'. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better street legal "trail bike". It is also great for motoring about town. Patient explorers have used the TW to crisscross their countries in search of adventure.

If you are willing to 'stop and smell the roses' you will likely enjoy a TW. If you are still being 'fueled' by lots of testosterone, my thought is, the TW's pluses will be outweighed by the minuses. My thoughts anyway....... Gerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts