TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some members do on New Years Day? Hangovers not withstanding from the night before, what are your plans....?

For most years in the past 30 I usually head for my buddy Rick's place in NE Indiana....Rick and I were the Best Man at each other's weddings, worked as Carry Out Boys at our first jobs in High School at the local Marsh Supermarket in Celina, both ended up as Military Police post HS....him in the Army, and me in the Air Force....we headed off to Athens, Ohio, in the Mid 70s to finish up our studies at Ohio U, and along with a couple of other Celina buddies, Nick{going to Moab} and Clint{coming to Rick's on NYD} lived together off campus....

Anyway, we usually get together all day New Year's Day...drink beer, lots of it, eat plenty of food, snacks, etc...and maybe smoke a Cigar....the past half dozen years, we now just spend the night....Rick and wife have 17 acres about 12 miles from where Borneo lives, and a few thousand square feet to room around in, now that their nest is empty....we just spend the night, so as not to be out on the highways after we and others have been partaking in adult beverages....always a good time.

This year I will plan on stopping by Boreno's Ranch on Friday, and see/meet for the first time in person, the guy several of us will be sharing a cabin with in Moab....as well as discussing the pros and cons of the changes to make in the 2014 tw before we head out to Utah....

That's my plans....What Say You? And no, I will not be hung over, I can't remember the last time I went out on New Years Eve....in fact I seldom make it till Midnight these days...:D

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Heading for Arizona in about 2 hours. Drive until about 12:00, park it before the revelers begin staggering out to their vehicles, hit the road again at 10:00. Get there Friday. 1967 mile expedited HAZMAT run. $$$$$$$

Hoot, means a lot to me that you and your friends party hearty yet responsibly. Have a great time.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Please be careful out there.

Heading for Arizona in about 2 hours. Drive until about 12:00, park it before the revelers begin staggering out to their vehicles, hit the road again at 10:00. Get there Friday. 1967 mile expedited HAZMAT run. $$$$$$$

Hoot, means a lot to me that you and your friends party hearty yet responsibly. Have a great time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
go to bed early new years eve so I can hit the new years early. Decided the shop is gonna be closed new years so Im gonna hit the pedals hard. supposed to be clear weather, so road, mountain, fat bike, or what ever it takes ill be out making tracks! Be safe out there folks.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Chilly Challenge Bicycle tour. 25 mile ride and then hot chili made by the various contestants. High of 29 and mostly sunny...much better than some years past. Polar plunge on the 31st, at least they won't be cutting ice this year.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^^^Video or it didn't happen:p

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Best laid plans. Tire exploded, wiped out fender. Waiting for service truck.
My BIL is a driver. He usually delivers new Trucks to dealers/buyers. But he also has to go retrieve dumped loads. He was in Florida dealing with 2 loads for Christmas. Then he had to get to airport to fly to Washington for another. I don't think he'll make it back in time for New Years.
I don't do much for New Years, I don't go out. For all those that do
Please stay safe.

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Just finished helping a nice man get his lost dog back who had spent last night out in the mtns behind my place in 10 degree weather. We had a good snowfall so I saw the scared dog dragging his leash while I was plowing .He ran off into hills before I could befriend him. I checked Lost and Found on Craigslist and got in touch with owner who eventually with help of other trackers who showed up located "Diesel" and we got him warm, watered and fed. So I am celebrating last chance to do a good deed for 2014 with a well deserved egg nog. Tomorrow I'll probably just be lazy.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Your a good man Fred. ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ I think there must be a reason dog spelled backwards is God.

I have never met a bad dog. Some were trained by MAN to be that way, but it is not in the nature of a dog to be mean, deceitful or treacherous.
Good mumbo, Fred.

I don't suppose you've ever met a Steppe hound. Their default is "kill" and they have to be trained not to do so. The fact that they can weigh close to 200 pounds is a bit concerning. They'd make a great horror movie.

Blowout damaged fuel tank, sitting in North Little Rock until AM when parts arrive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts