TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on my bike for a day after New Years Ride. It snowed a bit the night before but the sun was out and the streets were clearing nicely. I have been itching to go for a ride after several weeks of cruddy weather (at least when I'm off work :p ). I also wanted to try out a Christmas gift - Wolfman Expedition Dry bags.

Made a short trip up to Red Rocks and around Green mountain, about 45 miles total. ~35-40F light wind. Varied cloud coverage.

The bags worked great, traffic was light and I got my first ride of the year in, wohoo! A little snow, and I even got to play in the mud a bit. There was still some ice and gravel in the corners, but all in all, a beautiful day for ride. :)

Anyone else go for a "New Years Ride"?

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Was actually thinking of removing my tire traction devices and going for a spin on the pavement. Tired of riding in the snow, which will turn to mud when the snow melts. Lots of work riding in the snow and mud. No fun I say. Your photo's are giving me just the incentive I may need. Very pretty shots with blue sky and wispy clouds. I like blue sky!:)

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
You and Joeband have the same helmet. I had to double check who started this thread.

Beautiful country. You have inspired me and I think I will go for a short ride today if it warms up a little. Usually there is a 2 to 3 hour window in the afternoon when the temps are nice.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
ha tony! i thought the same thing....... beautiful pics HH

i went for a short spin this morning up to metcalf park for a bit of dirt. this was my odometer at the end; kosmic.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was actually thinking of removing my tire traction devices and going for a spin on the pavement. Tired of riding in the snow, which will turn to mud when the snow melts. Lots of work riding in the snow and mud. No fun I say. Your photo's are giving me just the incentive I may need. Very pretty shots with blue sky and wispy clouds. I like blue sky!:)
I thought riding in the snow looked like fun! I'm sure it's a workout though, but it's good for ya!

You and Joeband have the same helmet. I had to double check who started this thread.

Beautiful country. You have inspired me and I think I will go for a short ride today if it warms up a little. Usually there is a 2 to 3 hour window in the afternoon when the temps are nice.
Go go florescent green!

ha tony! i thought the same thing....... beautiful pics HH

i went for a short spin this morning up to metcalf park for a bit of dirt. this was my odometer at the end; kosmic.
Whoa - definitely Cosmic!

Boy, you don't have much snow there either! What IS it with this year?!?!
Global Warming? NAH, I don't believe it for a minute!;):p
Hah! We are supposed to get 4-8" today, with temps dropping back into the teens during the day. I saw a window of opportunity and jumped on it! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Russ was with you! No other explanation.

And I too took a short trip today - no snow but 39 degrees and bit breezy. Just a ride into town - 14 miles RT. Wanted to see how my jimbo shield and handguards performed. They're both great! Glad I added them both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts