TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,just thought i would introduce myself .ijust bought a tw200 2 weeks ago. iv'e had atv's since 1990 and enjoyed them alot, all yamaha's sold my last grizz. ayear ago, and missed it lately.so i decided to kill two birds with one shot.i wanted to get something to drive on the road instead of my truck due to high gas prices,and also wanted off road use for hunting &fishing ,being short in the leg department the tw was the only choise .we had a january thaw last week and i put on over a hundred klicks already .what a fun bike! i can see why this bike is so popular with this group. iv'e already made a rear rack for it ,and turned out a couple of mirror extenders on my lathe.i cant wait for spring. now it's going to be hard to decide what to take for a ride,my 67 mustang or the tw200 .the tw will win out on gas milage for sure but the stang has a bit more rubber burning fun.can't take the stang off road also. iwill post pics as soon as i can get somebody to show me how todo it on this new fangled machine.im not very technogeek.haha. we have lots of trails here,old rail beds,log roads,fire roads and woods trails.looking forward to chatting with other tdubbers on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
18,166 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Welcome! Get your camera out and take some pics of your area for us.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is a learing process for me,i made the mirror extenders out of round stock on my lathe just drilled &tapped the ends and then cut & threaded the mirror ends .after instalation i sprayed with clear to keep it from rusting. i could have used alum. but didn't have any in my shop at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts