TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2004 TW200, Jet'd, DGV2, JNS LED, Aux LED, Acerbis, ProTaper, LED Hi-Viz tail bar, PM Racks, SHAD
934 Posts
Just picked up 2005 tw, been riding since 1962.I live in western Washington, would like to ride with a group not by myself. I also have 3 yamaha 175 enduros, DT 250, at125. So this is like riding a Cadillac. Thanks for having me.
Congratulations & welcome!

You’ve come to the right place - surely, the WA folks will chime in here @ some point.

More than a few out there.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Welcome to this forum. We’re a friendly, helpful bunch. Hope to ride with you sometime. There are many in WA, so I think you’ll find your group.

· Registered
23,849 Posts
Welcome. Since you're willing to travel some if you can free up some time there are usually some great folks and rides you may enjoy with fellow members. Typically there are some scenic and somewhat challenging group rides in Idaho and Utah in the warmer months. I'll travel to those but also ride a lot in the Sierras and Nevada usually solo but not adverse to sharing with others.
Proposing a more local ride yourself is also a great way to meet other riders.

· Registered
32 Posts
Just picked up 2005 tw, been riding since 1962.I live in western Washington, would like to ride with a group not by myself. I also have 3 yamaha 175 enduros, DT 250, at125. So this is like riding a Cadillac. Thanks for having me.
I'm in western WA just south of Ft Lewis(JBLM).
I mostly ride in capital forest and on base (when areas arn't closed for training and hunting).
I'm retired and have a flexible schedule and can travel.

· Registered
1,495 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! Washington has it's own thread for planning rides and such. Reach out at: Washington State Tdubers
I tried get on there sight but kept getting rejected. Not that great at this computer stuff. I kept getting it wrong. This sight was Easier.I’m also retired, a insulator in shop 57 PSNS for 38yrs. Hope to ride with others when weather gets better. I just plunk along enjoying the ride excitement and scenery I’m thinking maybe Ellensburg area after the snow goes away.

· Administrator
7,018 Posts

· Registered
2021 TW
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What kind of riding do you like to do?

I am out on the trails several times a week all year long. I ride the TW on a variety of terrain from logging roads, to single track to snow. As far as riding areas we are spoiled for choice, though I usually stick to those that are quieter and less traveled. If you are interested in meeting up feel free to reach out. I am based in Allyn WA.

Congratulations on your retirement.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum!

What kind of riding do you like to do?

I am out on the trails several times a week all year long. I ride the TW on a variety of terrain from logging roads, to single track to snow. As far as riding areas we are spoiled for choice, though I usually stick to those that are quieter and less traveled. If you are interested in meeting up feel free to reach out. I am based in Allyn WA.

Congratulations on your retirement.
I am based in Bremerton

· Registered
2018 Tw, rickoshay, Shinko, tusk, on and on
516 Posts
welcome Stilfun. Whew, 38 yrs in the yard.. You earned some free time!!
I'am up in Mt vernon part of the year.
Ellensburg has some good riding. right in your backyard, up above hood canal, there are a ton of forest roads that are fun to poke around on as well. We should set up a May ride.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I just typed a bunch of stuff then deleted it. Let’s try again. Yes getting together would be great.never road in EW but have looked at N of Ellensburg and south on maps looks fun.Going to tahuya tomorrow for a shakedown ride. I picked this bike up in Concrete Wa 2 weeks ago. Just finished changing oil and filter, cleaning strainer,air filter. Going over bike.

· Registered
2018 Tw, rickoshay, Shinko, tusk, on and on
516 Posts
Ah. an "up river" bike! Lot of good forest road riding between Concrete and Darrington as well. We've camped and rode a bit up there the last 4-5 years in May. Goodtime of year. Follow the snow up in elevation! No bugs yet. No dust. Everything pretty and green.
Good on ya getting out this time of year. I'am a warm weather rider. Ususally in Az this time of year. Havent been able to make it down there so far this winter. Still hoping, or I'll unlimber tdub come march or april

1 - 18 of 18 Posts