TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a newbie here and I'm looking to maybe get a TW200. All my friends have a dual sports and I've been mostly ATV kind a guy. Well I'm looking to get into the bike world and get a beginners bike and I was told these ones are the best ones to get. I am a bigger guy and I was told this bike should hold me fine and I love the look of the bigger tires.

Like I said I've never really drove dirt bikes so I'm kind a new to the whole thing but I really want to get one of these bikes and I've been told that there the best. I just want to get some info of how they drive and perform. And any insight or advice for a begginer guy just starting out would be great. I sat on one today and it felt great and I absolutely loved it but besides this bike I've only really written a 70 Lmao?. Like I said I've only had atvs haha. So yeah. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wear safety gear, take a motorcycle safety class to learn safe driving techniques and so you can get a motorcycle endorsement for your licence. One of the benefits of having a dual sport bike is they are street legal. With your endorsement you can ride on back roads to get to dirt areas, etc. They perform like 200CC's plenty of power with the right gearing for offroad but not that good for going over 55 despite what some would say. They will cruise all day at 55 so they are not so good for freeways or busy highways, great for back country roads. These are easy and super fun bikes to ride you'll love one.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
They're awesome. Great for bigger older guys and young skinny guys. They are fun as hell and that's coming from a big guy who's other bike is a 701. TWs are the shiz... :)

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Reactions: Cornelis

·
Registered
545 Posts
I will say that they are as close to a road legal 2 wheel ATV as you can get,
Understand that they are a motorcycle and will behave like one, With a throbbing 12 Horses or so, they will run all day at lower speeds and are great for trails, Fire roads and neighborhood riding,
They are not a new 250cc two stroke dirt bike, They are NOT going to blast you up a hill or thru a time warp,
They are however a two wheeled tractor which is a lot of fun and will teach you a thing or two over time
Be safe and wear proper gear,
Peter B

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
So I'm a newbie here and I'm looking to maybe get a TW200. All my friends have a dual sports and I've been mostly ATV kind a guy. Well I'm looking to get into the bike world and get a beginners bike and I was told these ones are the best ones to get. I am a bigger guy and I was told this bike should hold me fine and I love the look of the bigger tires.

Like I said I've never really drove dirt bikes so I'm kind a new to the whole thing but I really want to get one of these bikes and I've been told that there the best. I just want to get some info of how they drive and perform. And any insight or advice for a begginer guy just starting out would be great. I sat on one today and it felt great and I absolutely loved it but besides this bike I've only really written a 70 Lmao?. Like I said I've only had atvs haha. So yeah. Any help would be great. Thanks
Big Welcome coming to you from Jackass Gulch Country. This forum is the greatest. If you don't like what we say. Ask again and we'll try lying a little better!

The transition can and has been successfully done. We're talking ATV to TW not that other kind of transition that's all over TV!:eek:

A successful transition story. Mrs. Admiral the former ATV rider to Mrs. Admiral the TW rider (and horse whisperer)

Mrs. Admiral the ATV rider

Mrs. Admiral the TW rider

and horse whisperer

If you to transition from ATV to TW, just remember the old high school cheer (providing you went to high school): Take it easy, take it slow, take it easy, take it slow let's GO! :p

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Decorah, nothing there now but the sign but it's down (or up) the road from Cuprum, Idaho. Basically, this area is the high ground before heading down Kleinshchmidt Grade in Hells Canyon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for everyone that has commented. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you guys but it didn't show in my email that anyone had responded so I didn't know. I said I've always been into quads but my friend has a Honda CRF 250 street legal bike in my other friends has a dual sport 400 and a Honda Grom 125 so I'm looking to get back into the game and being able to ride with them!!!! My friend really wanted need to get a gram but I am definitely a bigger guy and it's too small for me and yes.

But thanks to all that have responded. I am really excited to finally be able to get one. I'm definitely going to go to the motorcycling school and get my license. I was told that's 15 hours of school work and 10 hours of riding so that should be nice and get me set up for riding. I really am kind of nervous to be riding on the street because I've only done dirt riding so it's going to be nerve-racking at first but I think I should be OK. And it's not like I'm going to be going on highways. I mostly want to do back roads city driving and get a Places on streets and not highway at first. My friends keep pressuring me to get a bye get a bye get a bike and I've been dying to get one and the gas mileage is going to be great. So I'm going to research more. I am looking to get a 2017 in finance it. I don't have that good of a credit score and I need to have some payments on something to build my credit so I figure this is a great way to start and I'll be able to use the bike and be able to build my credit score at the same time Lol. So yes I'm gonna do some more research and figure out a good dealership in new England to go to and yeah.

Quick question. I know what car you can haggle price and get some money off of it but I didn't know if it's the same with bikes. The MSRP is 4500 and I didn't know if I could haggle them down to four grand or if it's with the bike you pay with the prices. I'm not 100% sure so if anyone could help me out with that that would be great . Thanks again for the great feedback and support and I can't wait to get riding one. Thank you so much

·
Registered
326 Posts
I doubt your dealer will haggle much with price. If you were to try to add extras, gear, clothing, etc, you might get a slight break on them but the motorcycle is not going down much on price.

That has been my experience with new TW's in dealers. Most in So. Calif. will try to get you up and well over $5K before adding taxes and licensing costs. But like anything, if he really wants to move it and he thinks you'll walk out the door who knows? Can't hurt to ask!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts