TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just found this forum to read up on my new TW200, have lots of reading to do

This bike is the first one I have owned since I was a kid, and am excited to get back into riding. I had couple bikes as a kid on my grandparents farm, First one was a 1974 CT70. Loved the bike even though it was goofy looking, but it was bullet proof. Second bike was a Kawasaki 100 trail bike.

So after 25 years being away from riding, I am looking forward to getting back at it, and it looks like I picked the right bike to do that.

Margo

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome fellow canuck! I'm from Creston, BC, which is about 5-6 hours southwest of you. Lots of TWs around here! Have fun with your new ride.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome Margo. You sure did pick the right bike. I just picked up a 95 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to a break in the cold to go over it. There is a huge amount of information on this site. What makes it even better, is I have found everyone here to be extremely helpful. You are going to love your bike. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
469 Posts
PSYCH!!!

Just kidding, welcome man! it's a great bunch of people here. TONS to read and learn, if it wasn't for this place I wouldn't have leaned so much about TW's....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

will post a pic once i figure out how to do it, have tried using my picasa web, but it doesn't seem to like the URL

Margo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi fellow Albertan's

Question to all Canucks out there, I read all the discussion of changing out the front tire, and have decided to go with the Kendra 270 5.10 18, I have searched for this and have not been able to find a canadian retailer. Found some US sites that will ship to Canada, but the shipping costs are $60 on average. ANyone locate this tire in Canada? Also, from what I read this shows as a rear tire, assume from all the discussion that it will work on front. just want to verify as I am new to bike tires.

Any info is appreciated

Margo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Lil Valy,good to see there is another local on the board.

Any suggestions for good places to ride offroad? Need to get my sea legs back before I look into getting my class 6 license. Do you ride on and Offroad?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lil Valy,good to see there is another local on the board.

Any suggestions for good places to ride offroad? Need to get my sea legs back before I look into getting my class 6 license. Do you ride on and Offroad?
Mostly on road but have been to Maclean Creek a couple of times.Have to find somewhere where it's not as busy.If you go to Maclean(or any other public off road area)make sure you are registered and insured because they do check.Maybe we'll cross paths one day,I'm in Woodbine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mostly on road but have been to Maclean Creek a couple of times.Have to find somewhere where it's not as busy.If you go to Maclean(or any other public off road area)make sure you are registered and insured because they do check.Maybe we'll cross paths one day,I'm in Woodbine.

Welcome to one of the most inviting forums on the Web, Margo. I'm not a true Canook but I lived for a while in Ft Nelson, BC back in the '60s and 20 years in Minot and Bismarck, ND. Still enjoying your TW - do you winter ride?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ya, I would definitely like to find a place that was not busy, give me the space to learn how to handle the bike. I am just in the process of getting insurance and plates..and I got to say wasn't expecting the price of insurance for a non licensed rider. almost 500 for liability and theft.. ouch. but its a necessary evil b/c I can't get licensed without insurance. The good thing is once I have my class 6 full insurance drops to 400 /year.

We might just cross paths, I am over in Acadia. Will keep a look out on the roads for you once the snow goes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ya, I would definitely like to find a place that was not busy, give me the space to learn how to handle the bike. I am just in the process of getting insurance and plates..and I got to say wasn't expecting the price of insurance for a non licensed rider. almost 500 for liability and theft.. ouch. but its a necessary evil b/c I can't get licensed without insurance. The good thing is once I have my class 6 full insurance drops to 400 /year.

We might just cross paths, I am over in Acadia. Will keep a look out on the roads for you once the snow goes.

Wow! I pay only $99 a year for full coverage down here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts