TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TW on street TN.jpg

Hi All,
Yesterday was my birthday (I'm an old guy) so I went out and bought a TDub from Craig's list (with wife's blessing).

It's a 1990 with 4,000 miles and seems to run well. Don't really know anything about TDubs but couldn't resist going to see, and then buying, this one. Hope it is a good one. Anything specific I should know about the 1990 model year?

I have a number of other bikes, some vintage and some modern, but all all various versions of standard or sport touring street bikes. Most have been ridden on dirt / gravel roads a little but not off road. This is my first dual sport.

Looking forward to learning from all of you and having fun with my new toy. My first stupid question is how do I add an avatar photo to my profile?:confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
That bike will probably will wear you out before you do it. Welcome to the forum, great looking 90!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hello and welcome! At the top of the page, look for the button that says "settings", on that screen, look on the left about half way down, you can edit your avatar picturt there.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
but you already figured out how to post a pic?? welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome "Ready-to-ride". How did you score this bike before "TW-Brian" did? Keep an eye on the site for other group rides. Lots of local good guys on here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome "Ready-to-ride". How did you score this bike before "TW-Brian" did? Keep an eye on the site for other group rides. Lots of local good guys on here.
Are local group rides posted under General or is there a specific page?
Do you typically ride at Carnegie, Metcalf or other locations?

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum neighbor!

Looks to me like you found a nice one. Contrary to popular belief, I do not buy every TW that shows up on craigslist (although I do currently have five, three runners and two project bikes).

There is a good group of NorCal nutjobs that have gotten together for a few rides and we are always looking for new members to join us.

Brian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum neighbor!

There is a good group of NorCal nutjobs that have gotten together for a few rides and we are always looking for new members to join us.

Brian
Hi,
Look forward to meeting the local TDub folks. As for riding, let me know where and when. As my user name sez ..........

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Anything specific I should know about the 1990 model year?
Thanks
Nothing specific bad about the 1990. You picked a good year. The first year (1987) CDI problems were already ironed out and the later model base gasket problems were not an issue on the 1990. Another good thing, in 1990 the fork tubes still had drains on them.

That's a good looking T-dub. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

(And welcome to the forum).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts