TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of mileage I can reasonably expect from my new TW200. I know this depends on maintenance, use type, and luck, so I think the best way to ask is what kind of mileage does the average TW200, or any motorcycle, have when it needs its first major repair?

I do know how variable this number can be, high miles don't scare me. My 06 F150 has 235K and it's never let me down.

The reason I want to know is I'm trying to determine if my TDub is gonna end up costing me money or saving me money (I expect the former but that's OK I'm just curious.)

I'm also curious what's likely to be the first to go? Will it need a top end at some point? I know a lot about engines and vehicles in general but have 0 experience with motorcycles, other than the 1400 miles on the 2020 TDub I got recently.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Kinda depends on engine revolutions over hours and how much of a load is put on the engine, there are multiple factors here. You could spend hours trying to get your rear wheel out of a mudhole and, many engine revolutions later, the odometer won't have moved a bit if the front wheel didn't roll.

That said, the highest I've heard of is in the neighborhood of 70,000 miles. I believe a pretty fair amount of that was spent on the pavement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kinda depends on engine revolutions over hours and how much of a load is put on the engine, there are multiple factors here. You could spend hours trying to get your rear wheel out of a mudhole and, many engine revolutions later, the odometer won't have moved a bit if the front wheel didn't roll.

That said, the highest I've heard of is in the neighborhood of 70,000 miles. I believe a pretty fair amount of that was spent on the pavement.
I know about a 2004 with 77000 km on the clock and still going strong. As far as I know the bike is still in very good condition.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
How old are you? If you are in your twenties you will be in your fifties before your TW needs serious repairs. If you are in your fifties you will likely be dead before same. The TW is the motorcycle equivalent of your F150.
Change the oil and rinse the filter every 1,000 miles, perhaps every 1,500 if you run it at mostly moderate speeds, do the other maintenance items like valve clearances by the book or a little sooner, and there is a good chance you will get 40,000 miles out of her before needing top end work. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts