TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is the situation..I already have 2 bikes a Vstrom and a 96 Yamaha Virago 1100,

I have spent 2hours searching post and dont feel sure I have an answer. My wife is wanting to learn to ride, she did the M/C saftey course on a honda rebel...seat height 27"..she is 5' tall and just bearly touches ground.

She wants a bike to practice on....I dont want to get her a rebel...if she quits wanting to ride I am stuck with a bike she has probably dropped, and one I dont want to ride,

From the moment I saw a TW220 I fell in love. I am thinking if I get her a Tw200 and she quits riding...Guess who ends up with a TW200.

I know about drilling the hole in the shock mount, BUT is there any way to get a TW200 ...4"s lower?

Help guys..I really dont want a rebel...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Remember, 3/16" at the shock equates to roughly an inch at the axle, whether lowering or lifting.

Don't get overzealous with it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would definitly convince her to go with the TW200 as a starter bike to practice on. I'm only 5'2" and looking for a bike for me was a challenge as well. I can touch the ground with my toes only with the TW200. I actually started practicing on the TW200 for about a year with a permit before I took the MSF course. Now I have the Vulcan 500 also but won't give up my TW200. I love both bikes for different reasons.

I suggest you read the theard called http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/1144-rear-shock/page__p__9330__hl__+seat++height__fromsearch__1#entry9330 that is being posted by MrGizmow which is a collorbation of several members.

I wish you luck and happy riding!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
If memory serves, someone posted that a spring of a Yamaha cruiser fits the stock shock and is softer, which will allow the bike to settle more when she sits on it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
If memory serves, someone posted that a spring of a Yamaha cruiser fits the stock shock and is softer, which will allow the bike to settle more when she sits on it.

If I remember correctly that would be the V-Star spring, but I could be wrong. It is probably in Gerry's thread posted above though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts