TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, thought I'd join up.... as to be honest I wasnt sure where else to go.

I've just bought a very cheap and not so cheerful AG200, and I'm trying to find out a bit about it, technical help etc, but there doesn't seem to be a specific forum or much mention of them elsewhere on the net.

I understand the TW shares the engine so I guess this forum is a good place to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's definitely not a pretty bike, but I'd always fancied tarting up an old trail type bike and it was cheap.

Only has 5 gears though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Now hold on, I see some advantages. The seat looks comfy, and there is no pretense that it is a "two up" bike, hence the lack of passenger foot pegs.

dan

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The AG is a "farm bike". In many ways it has features which make it an upgrade from either a TW or an XT, to which it is slightly more closely related.

Kickstands on both sides (one side adjustable so it can be used to lift the bike for tire changes, a la crutchjack) STOCK, handguards STOCK, decent seat STOCK, front and rear racks STOCK, serious engine protection STOCK, chaincase which means chains could theoretically last forever, STOCK, etc. etc. We never got them in The States.

They were built for farm and ranch work, but danged if they wouldn't come close to off-the-rack ideal choice for an RTW bike. All of the Japanese manufacturers have made their own version of farm bikes over the years in various markets and all were similarly equipped.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That thing is fugly as all get out... and I love it.

I'd miss the fat tire, but I see a lot of stock upgrades I like...

Can you load some pics of your model Pommie?

Sure we'd all like to see more.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well

I think you are looking at an Asia commuter vehicle with rural areas in mind

The seat looks 1000% better than ours like to see if that fits

in Vietnam that would be a 5 passanger pick up truck

I'm assuming that AG is agriculture... guess

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well

The seat looks 1000% better than ours like to see if that fits

My guess is that it would not fit. even if the bolt holes match up there is not way that it would attach without removing the side panels. and the gas tank is much different so the front may bolt on to the AG as opposed to the suction cup on the Tdub.

dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is does have holes for rear pegs which in this case have been filled with bmx pegs! Pretty sure they're coming off though!

It's a rough old beast but shouldn't be too tricky to restore. Even though it's an 87 model the only difference to a new one is the lack of electric start, so parts should be easy to get.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Oh no... Not another 87. I pray the AG models did not get the #$%%$% cursed cdi's the 87 TW's got for that year only.

You see lots of 87 owners asking this question...

"My 1987 TW200 runs great most of the time.

I ride it to work during the day and home at 1:30am.It runs great when it is warm out,but on the way home about 5min. into the ride it starts cutting out bad.It gets so bad some times it wont even pull and I have to pull over to the side of the road.Idle is erratic (a little)when having this prob.

I can ride it all weekend during the day and it runs great,but late at night when it is cool outside it cuts out and backfires,coughs.Will clean out for a min. or 2 and mess up again.

Fuel filter is new(replaced it just incase),new plug,checked carb(very clean inside).I am betting CDI.Runs great and all of a sudden it cuts out ,no warning.Checked all of the connections.
"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts