TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Nice video. At minute 1:12 you discovered the bike won't run if you have the kick stand down. Ha!
I see you went to school in Stockton. Do you live in the area? We have a large group here in the general area of Sacramento. Great video editing BTW. Welcome to the madness!

Reactions: Dudly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice video. At minute 1:12 you discovered the bike won't run if you have the kick stand down. Ha!
I see you went to school in Stockton. Do you live in the area? We have a large group here in the general area of Sacramento. Great video editing BTW. Welcome to the madness!
Great observation. I did learn that about the kickstand but not at that point specifically. If you look closer, I didn’t have my gloves and backpack on. I moved the bike first to let it warm up, then got my gear and gps ready lol

Yes I live in Sacramento and I still go back to Stockton to visit my parents regularly. Got any recommendations for easy off road trails I could start with in the spring?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Oh yea! Lots of easy stuff to get your feet wet. Don't bother with Prairie City OHV Park, it's way too rocky. Rock Creek OHV area out of Georgetown is much better. Look up the trail maps on line and check into the green trails. They are the easiest. Lots of logging road further up Hwy 50 towards the Crystal Basin area too. Some of the local guys get together for rides out near Clear Lake area too.

I'm in Placerville area, worked in the mountains on hydro electric dams most of my career and now split my time between kayak fishing, trail riding and skiing. When the weather gets a little better, we'll head out to Georgetown for an afternoon of trails and stop in at the Georgetown Hotel for a cold one. Lots of gold rush history abounds in that area worth checking out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea! Lots of easy stuff to get your feet wet. Don't bother with Prairie City OHV Park, it's way too rocky. Rock Creek OHV area out of Georgetown is much better. Look up the trail maps on line and check into the green trails. They are the easiest. Lots of logging road further up Hwy 50 towards the Crystal Basin area too. Some of the local guys get together for rides out near Clear Lake area too.

I'm in Placerville area, worked in the mountains on hydro electric dams most of my career and now split my time between kayak fishing, trail riding and skiing. When the weather gets a little better, we'll head out to Georgetown for an afternoon of trails and stop in at the Georgetown Hotel for a cold one. Lots of gold rush history abounds in that area worth checking out.
Your response energizes me. Trails and stopping for a cold one sound ideal. Will def look into it

·
Registered
694 Posts
Those two screws, either air filter cover or the side panel covering the air filter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those two screws, either air filter cover or the side panel covering the air filter.
Nope I checked. I have all six of my screws where the air filter is. Two holding the side fender piece then four holding the filter cover. These screws are smaller

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice bike and nice video. Not sure where those screws go but I’d go through all the items you disassembled and try to find where they go. Cheers

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida, @q4short !
Perhaps the screws are what holds the little reflector on at the bottom of the rear fender below the tag. As you can tell in the picture, my reflector ain't doing me much good at the present Florida mud riding conditions left over from a ride @SpeedyTide and myself went on yesterday that lasted well into the night.

Here's speedytide ringing out the mud and water from his socks after he poured about 6oz of water out of each boot.

Best wishes on your upcoming motorcycle adventures,

Marty

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
I vote for Scooterbrained screws explaination.
Marty, your and SpeedyTide's soggy night riding is inspirational. However might wet suits be more appropriate than jeans?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey what’s up tdub community. I recently got a used one, finished revitalizing it, and made a video about it. I have a question about two small screws at the 6:10 mark of the video. Thanks in advance if you can help

First off Welcome to the forum from Mississippi
Second I think you made a great choice.
Third I can’t believe you painted a perfect 2005. I am pretty sure that you broke some kind of law by doing so.
But I will just have to get over it.

(Just trying to rattle your cage)

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Perhaps the screws are what holds the little reflector on at the bottom of the rear fender below the tag. As you can tell in the picture, my reflector ain't doing me much good at the present Florida mud riding conditions left over from a ride @SpeedyTide and myself went on yesterday that lasted well into the night.

Here's speedytide ringing out the mud and water from his socks after he poured about 6oz of water out of each boot.
View attachment 211124

Marty
Well dayum!! Water was deeper than I thought!! And, here I thought it was only just above the knee!

TW = Treading Water

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Welcome from Florida!! Congrats on the purchase!!

I dig the new paint job, BUT....I'm with Gully on this one.....can't believe you molested the '05 paint scheme! One the nicest looking IMO, but do understand your reasoning wanting to change it up.

Happy trails!! (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 211122

View attachment 211124

Marty
Nailed it! Thank you. Haha, you’re having too much fun in the mud

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Florida!! Congrats on the purchase!!

I dig the new paint job, BUT....I'm with Gully on this one.....can't believe you molested the '05 paint scheme! One the nicest looking IMO, but do understand your reasoning wanting to change it up.

Happy trails!! (y)
I liked the green one so much and wanted to copy it. When it turned out so ugly, I definitely regretted even painting. I wasn’t fan of the silver on the seat and could’ve lived with the rest but IMO black is a little safe and doesn’t have much character. Happy with my end product and that I’m the only one w the paint (unless someone copies mine)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Happy with my end product and that I’m the only one w the paint (unless someone copies mine)
If Yamaha takes note of your paint job, you just might receive some stationary from a company with tuning forks as their logo requesting permission to copy. I like they way you finished it off giving it kind of a "patina" finish if you will. I don't think the video does your paint job enough justice, and, would like to see some pictures of it. Different angles and perhaps different light.

Glad the screw mystery was solved.

Marty

Reactions: 49970

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If Yamaha takes note of your paint job, you just might receive some stationary from a company with tuning forks as their logo requesting permission to copy. I like they way you finished it off giving it kind of a "patina" finish if you will. I don't think the video does your paint job enough justice, and, would like to see some pictures of it. Different angles and perhaps different light.

Glad the screw mystery was solved.

Marty

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
I agree, very attractive paint job.
Brightwork from skid plate to forks, front & rear hubs plus triple clamps could benefit from something similar if you could get it to stick

Reactions: Ken and q4short
1 - 20 of 77 Posts