TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Had no idea what Brightwork was and I think you’re referring to a metal polish? I think I’m all done with putting anymore work into my bike for now. Contemplating which boots to get at this point, if any

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
A handy man with a paint can no doubt. Very Nice! Again!

Marty

·
Registered
730 Posts
I like your final green paint and your new blue smurf paint.

I wish I had the guts to take the plunge and paint mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I like your final green paint and your new blue smurf paint.

I wish I had the guts to take the plunge and paint mine.
yours is still fairly new (5 years or so) and I’m not sure I’d paint it either. Mine was an easier decision, given it’s an 05. When I initially painted it green and it didn’t turn out well, I regretted it and wish I kept it stock. I’m happy with where it’s at now and although custom, I wouldn’t say the quality of paint is comparable to factory

·
Super Moderator
19,922 Posts
Rode all day, over 11 hours on the tdub. Never again
Excellent brother and well done. You will do it again I'm sure. I enjoyed your other video also. Do you have more? I only found two. (y)

Reactions: SpeedyTide

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Nice man!! I can't recall your riding experience, but if you haven't many miles riding.....then this is impressive, assuming you probably didn't stop & smell the roses, persay, and your thoughts are expected since you're mentally & physically not used to it. Probably not the best helmet for that long a ride, catching all that wind...., and if you don't wear earplugs....start. Wind noise can wear you down both mentally & physically. And, on the OEM seat....definitely impressive, just not recommended.....which you seem to agree with the Seat Concepts order. :)

Me & 2 buds rode our TW's (Me @ 350, other 2 @ 370+, 381 miles) the Friday before last, and was a looong day (17 hours total). OEM seats for us, but I do have a small seat gel pad, and I wear bike shorts which provides extra padding. No issues for me - surprisingly I felt great at the end. The others did it on just the OEM seat. I don't know how all you guys did!!

You make great videos....look forward to more! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,922 Posts
Chewing a piece of gum on those long rides helps keep you focused and alert too. You will do it again though. You've just dipped a toe in the water. And you obviously enjoy it. I'll be waiting for the next video.

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Chewing a piece of gum on those long rides helps keep you focused and alert too. You will do it again though. You've just dipped a toe in the water. And you obviously enjoy it. I'll be waiting for the next video.
Haha, don't think I will those length of rides in the future, but def shorter trips/exploration. I'll be sure to share my videos on this same thread as I create them. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

·
Super Moderator
19,922 Posts
Haha, don't think I will those length of rides in the future, but def shorter trips/exploration. I'll be sure to share my videos on this same thread as I create them. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
You are having the time of your life and enjoying it, that's what is important. They really are great bikes.

Reactions: q4short

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice man!! I can't recall your riding experience, but if you haven't many miles riding.....then this is impressive, assuming you probably didn't stop & smell the roses, persay, and your thoughts are expected since you're mentally & physically not used to it. Probably not the best helmet for that long a ride, catching all that wind...., and if you don't wear earplugs....start. Wind noise can wear you down both mentally & physically. And, on the OEM seat....definitely impressive, just not recommended.....which you seem to agree with the Seat Concepts order. :)

Me & 2 buds rode our TW's (Me @ 350, other 2 @ 370+, 381 miles) the Friday before last, and was a looong day (17 hours total) with about actual riding around 14-15 hours. OEM seats for us, but I do have a small seat gel pad, and I wear bike shorts which provides extra padding. No issues for me - surprisingly I felt great at the end. The others did it on just the OEM seat. I don't know how all you guys did!!

You make great videos....look forward to more! :cool:
This is my first motorcycle and I got it a few months ago. I've done a 100 mile bicycle ride this past summer and that was a bit different but has similarities. As far as the helmet: yeah I'm considering what to do about that. The helmet fits snugs and hasn't given me any issues with regular usage. It started to become an issue at maybe hour 4 of riding. Considering modifying inside pad or should I look into a different helmet? Earplugs, check.

After your long ride, did you have any aches behind your neck/upper shoulders? And no helmet issues for you?

·
Super Moderator
19,922 Posts
This is my first motorcycle and I got it a few months ago. I've done a 100 mile bicycle ride this past summer and that was a bit different but has similarities. As far as the helmet: yeah I'm considering what to do about that. The helmet fits snugs and hasn't given me any issues with regular usage. It started to become an issue at maybe hour 4 of riding. Considering modifying inside pad or should I look into a different helmet? Earplugs, check.

After your long ride, did you have any aches behind your neck/upper shoulders? And no helmet issues for you?
Those aches and pains are from the buffeting around your head takes because of the wind, or you are holding on too tightly to the bars. You might try going more forward or backward with the bars too. Or Risers.

Reactions: SpeedyTide
21 - 40 of 77 Posts