TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
I doubt Yamaha will ever produce this vehicle nor make it available in North America .It is a CONCEPT after all.
When was the last time you saw any “concept” anything go into production?
This is but another simple example of Marketing 101 psychology to build brand interest. Yamaha PR types if queried undoubtedly will point to the 2018 TW200 and say it pays homage to this 2011 concept bike with a straight face.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pays homage to this 2011 concept bike with a straight face... Ok Yamaha came out with the TW in 1987!... don't see how this possible. Your right Yamaha will probably never put the XTW 250 into production, but I think it's more a cost of production VS demand. The TW is not Yamaha's most sold model and surly not the most profitable, but it is a low cost model to produce and the RD is paid for a long time now.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I do think someone at Yamaha has been paying attention to our website. That bike does check off a lot of boxes on many wish lists. Except for the generator although we could charge our GPS smart phones and tablets while burning fuel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I painted mine orange in homage, does that count? No onboard generator nor a skid plate that transforms into a shovel though.

Nice TW! How does it handle with an ATV tire at the rear, must vibrate on pavement?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts