·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is this forum turning into a gun forum ???
Peter this is in the Off Topic-Want to talk about something other than the TW200? This is the place for any and all discussions under the sun. Don't click on it stay above on the TW Bike area.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peter in the Off Topic we talk about Beer, guns, Grand kids, Scuba Diving ,ECT. you can only talk about the TW so much but some of us like to hang out.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
It can also be for anything of interest to island life too, open season so to speak. Pig hunting was popular and encouraged on Hawaii since island is gerting over-run with them. Same problem in Turks and Caicos? Ooops, were back to guns again. Now let me tell you about my 10/22.......

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It can also be for anything of interest to island life too, open season so to speak. Pig hunting was popular and encouraged on Hawaii since island is gerting over-run with them. Same problem in Turks and Caicos? Ooops, were back to guns again. Now let me tell you about my 10/22.......
I am 99% down on the Moab for a week of 3/21/2015 to 3/28/2015 if I can get the time off at work I might join you in the Primitive camping area.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Page 27 has a kick ass deal on two XD's I am in on this.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
My latest 10/22 is a take-down model in stainless with laser. This rifle is very accurate.

This is the gun I have wrestled over buying for my TW camping/hunting adventures. Have you been able to verify the accuracy after it has been taken down then re-assembled several times? Did you get the one that came with the backpack? If yours did come with the backpack is there enough room to slip my holstered Berretta in the pack for travel purposes? This is a LOT of money for a .22 especially considering I own about 5 of them.

Tom

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
It maintains accuracy time after time I've taken it down and reassembled. Last time out, I set up a 50 yard range. Fired a 3 shot group, breakdown and back, another 3 shot group, repeat 10 times. The grouping did not change. I can hit ground squirrels at 50 yards off hand/standing. On a rest, I can get 'em out to 100 yards. The gun loves CCI Stingers, a very fast round; over 1600fps.

It comes with a backpack but only one strap. So you wear it like a bandolier across your chest. I didn't like that and bought a second strap at a local Army/Navy surplus store for a few bucks. Now it goes on easy. The gun just barely fits in with the scope and rings you see on there.

There is plenty of room for a holstered Berretta. There are outer pockets large enough, plus it's got the M.O.L.E. straps so you can attach other stuff as well.

Here is an example of what one guy was able to fit in the pack as a 'bug-out' bag;

For keeping a rifle hidden, which is a wise thing to do, a take-down like this is the only way to go. I keep waiting for Ruger to provide optional barrels, but so far nothing. A fluted bull barrel would be cool!!
Thank you for the follow up. I think it is time to "thin the heard" of .22's to make room for more .22's:)

Tom

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
For those that like iron sights check out

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

These will lengthen the sight radius and creates a sight picture very similar to what US military rifles have. With the flip sight, set the low sight for 50 yards and the high sight will be very close at 100 yards.
These look to be very nice sights. Do you own a set or have you used them?

Tom

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
These look to be very nice sights. Do you own a set or have you used them? Tom
Yes! First impression was they were cheap -- and then after owning and using them a while they became inexpensive. I like them because the sight picture is very similar to a WW2 and after rifle. Practice with a .22 and when you switch to a center fire it looks familiar. The rifle has been banged around a little but the sights have withstood the abuse. I like them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
What a great gun! I just got the stainless takedown but haven't done any mods to it yet ($310 at KY Gun online). I have 3 others that I've done some basic modifications to....Volquartsen Bolt Tune-Up Kit, Extended Bolt Handle, automatic bolt release,Target Hammer with Bushings, shims, springs (about 2.5# pull), and Extended mag release. All these mods made an already sweet rifle way sweeter.:)

Tony, thanks for the link to the Tech Sights webpage. I'm thinking I just want open sights on the take-down.

Here's two with Tapco stocks.....wife's and mine when we shoot together. They're not fancy but very accurate and functional. I used this style of stock because I have a locked left elbow from a cycle accident and the grip position is better for me.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I just go to the range during the day so low light is never a problem. However, looking through the peep sight brings things into focus -- an added benefit for my aging eyes.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts