TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camped/Rode all around Moniter Pass...beautiful but, SO rocky. No way around rocks, lots of work but worth it! Views are truly constant Pay your dues.
Went down to 40s at night. Sleeping weather :). 70s day
Fun group makes it a winning 4 nights. Some Moonshine too.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
"{{{{Went down to 40s at night. Sleeping weather :). 70s day}}}"

Damn, sounds like dead of winter here in Florida. I'm Green With Envy!
Looks like a happy group of shine samplers to enjoy the rides with.
It's 8 in the evening here and 90 degrees. :(

Marty

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One night had a major lightening and pouring storm - really sleeping weather! Enjoyed a lot.
Times will be changing - going to be in AZ for the 4rth. 110 day 100 night, slight change

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Monitor Pass sure is different and lightly visited with some rather nice aspen groves. Transmission tower site there is one of those places where from atop one mountain one can look across onto Sierra Peaks, spin around and look into the Pine Nuts then turn to the south for the Sweetwaters. Was my last, & may be my next destination too.
aspens.jpeg

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
wow that looks like fun! I miss not having the MOAB ride this year even though I have missed all but one year it was nice to think about. The summer heat here in Arizona has finally broke me this year but mainly because I'm doing the RV living thing if (and when) I had a home in Phoenix I was fine. One thing I hear from long term AZ residents is they never get used to the heat of summer and it gets worse as you get older ! This will be my last summer in AZ I'm looking for a place to play between Utah, Montana, Idaho possibly even Washington , Oregon or Northern Cali

I'm hoping to buy a hangar in the Phoenix valley or Bullhead City area so I can secure my "stuff" when I travel

I hope we start talking about a 2021 ride or even a fall TW Gang Ride I need a vacation (quoting Arnold the Terminator at the end of T2) lol

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Fred are the yeller trees Aspen's ? I see them in many google pics of Monitor Pass

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Yes, quaking aspens in fall colors, likely early October. Not my photo above though. Leaves were nice and green fluttering in the breeze when atop Monitor a few weeks ago.
Fall riding on aspen lined roads can be like in a golden tunnel at times like this group Sweetwater ride November before last. This was at about 8500 ft but we were camped a thousand feet higher where leaves were already fallen and we had some snow & rain. The pace of the seasons changes with changing elevations so the plants at higher elevations feel and adapt to the colder nights before those lower down the mountainside.
Exploring for fall foliage is a great excuse to bundle up & get in another late season ride or two. Without the hardwood forests of back east we just have the aspens and tamaracks changing colors...still they meets my minimum standards for beauty.:cool:
fall aspens.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you send some of that warmth up to the Pacific Northwest? We've had a heck of a damp, cool spring and start to summer.
Yesterday was the nicest day in quite some time, and yet I think the high was maybe low-60s Fahrenheit...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes, quaking aspens in fall colors, likely early October. Not my photo above though. Leaves were nice and green fluttering in the breeze when atop Monitor a few weeks ago.
Fall riding on aspen lined roads can be like in a golden tunnel at times like this group Sweetwater ride November before last. This was at about 8500 ft but we were camped a thousand feet higher where leaves were already fallen and we had some snow & rain. The pace of the seasons changes with changing elevations so the plants at higher elevations feel and adapt to the colder nights before those lower down the mountainside.
Exploring for fall foliage is a great excuse to bundle up & get in another late season ride or two. Without the hardwood forests of back east we just have the aspens and tamaracks changing colors...still they meets my minimum standards for beauty.:cool:
View attachment 206597
I was playing in the Sweetwaters here in Florida just a couple weeks ago!
0518201236-00.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts