TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Montezuma Canyon?
Anyone visiting SW Utah should visit one of the numerous modern or ancient cliff face dwellings, gift shops or bars.
These are cool places in the heat of sumer. IMG_8515.0.jpeg
Certainly a lot more welcoming than this modernistic “poetic homage to pure Brutalism” . cliff house.jpg

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
When we want to go camping but don't want to set up the tent, we go here.
When we were down there in May we found a similar place off Looking Glass Road I thinks it's called south of Moab. The one we saw was not in as good of shape as the place you've shown. Would be neat. I wouldn't stay in the place we found however.

·
Registered
587 Posts
ewwwwww gross lol.....

When we were down there in May we found a similar place off Looking Glass Road I thinks it's called south of Moab. The one we saw was not in as good of shape as the place you've shown. Would be neat. I wouldn't stay in the place we found however.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rock house belongs to a friend, and he asked me not to reveal the location.
It is in a pretty remote location and he doesn't lock it up, because some people would break in anyway he thinks.
A couple months ago a few a#^holes found it and trashed it.
It is within a 90 minute ride from Moab.
We've stayed overnight maybe a dozen times, and it's so nice and quiet there, no powerlines, no highway noise, just peace and quiet.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't blame you for not wanting to stay there. Look at that mattress; I don't think the last resident fared too well! :eek:

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
When I visited Moki Cave I received quite an extensive and unsolicited lecture on polygamy and the Mormon religion.:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts