Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
So the blue TW's have a cool nickname of Rainbow Warrior. Which I never knew til I got on here. lol Pretty cool. Do the other's have nicknames too? like say ohhhh, the white ones? :) Or just nicknames as a whole collective?
This is just my personal opinion, but I think that the Teal/Grey model should be called "Hideous" :icon_puke_l:!

Whereas, TW-Brian has owned, repaired, bought and sold, photographed against his garage door, torn down, rebuilt, cannibalized, modified, assisted, sold, loaned and gifted parts for and ridden every model year, and as such i propose we call them "Brian's Color Swatches of the 200 cc Variety"
61ET6K9vNsL._SY300_.jpg

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I nicknamed my 1991 Purple Passion and a few other years that have those one off color schemes like the Robin Egg Blues and Rainbow Warriors and the Black Widows of '88 & '89 but my favorites of them all are the Bad Ass Blues of 2006 and 2014.

Trying to find exact OEM and good condition plastics for some of these years is a major challenge as many here will attest to.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I nicknamed my 1991 Purple Passion
i called them "Barney Bikes" though that seemed less popular with those owners... ;)
Trying to find exact OEM and good condition plastics for some of these years is a major challenge as many here will attest to.
GaryL
Very true

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
i called them "Barney Bikes" though that seemed less popular with those owners... ;)

Very true
1991 had 2 color schemes. I thought my Purple one was cool looking but more along the lines of a Girly Bike. The other color was Black Onyx and I thought those were real sharp looking. Almost as though Yamaha made the 1991s as a his and hers pair.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
never thought of nicknaming my TW's. Just think of them as fun and getting out with friends. I do have a rainbow warrior, but that was named long before I picked it up. I suppose the 03 could be the puritan as it is all white, and the 09 with the black front fender and all white from the forks to the taillight could be called the bruiser as it got it's nose poked and the tank has some blue on it. So the front being black and blue makes sense lol.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
that did cross my mind or white slug / snail (i mean lets face it, with 2 1200cc bikes in my garage it kind of is lol)
not so.....with a honda ct110 and ct90 in the garage, your statement is just not right! the T Dub is fast,fast,fast, and big and beautiful!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
A bikes body color means nothing to me. That being the case I just call mine The Dub.
This and your forum name and I guess we can just call you a Racist!:rolleyes:

GaryL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts