TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

No Country For Old Men Like Me

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  admiral 
#1 · (Edited)
Since no recent videos posted here is a quick clip from last weeks Painted Hills ride at headwaters of Pig Creek. Whether it was the 100 degree heat or fatigue at the time I do not know but the drop off ledge seemed more intimidating than video indicates...I must be getting old or need new glasses:D.
I will try to solve editing glitch on an hour of video shot last week in some truly pretty desert riding featuring dramatic rock outcrops to share more than just a silly moment.
P.S. Downhill portion of trail was fairly steep and followed after some sweaty sidehill hill climbs that sapped my confidence. Was worth every drop of sweat to see the scenery at end of trail.

#3 ·
I like your tucked in front turn signals and paint scheme.

Will

#5 · (Edited)
The music I think was "Bongo Furry" by Barrie Gledden, reminded me of same title by Captain Beefheart. I would have liked it when 11 years also.

I love my turn signals, I did them 10 years ago and do not remember british (?) manufacturer other than bulbs were fragile and made of unobtanium. I rewired w/ common sockets to take common bulbs, rears were converted to LED, front and rear were painted black from oem naked aluminum. So aerodynamic they let me go 0.027 mph faster. Ha,ha. Actually being tucked in they avoid damage and give a better view of the trail ahead. Look much better than huge stock ones. When the next bulb burns out I shall install LED clearance lights like rear and a digital flasher.

Fresh Paint today on Betty Boop-mobile and I am all ready for next spill, maybe next week on the Rubicon with the NorCal group. I think more blue accents would be nice, perhaps paint the "gills" on rear fender , lower half of air filter and tool cubbyhole covers, maybe a blue center stripe on front fender...whatcha think amigos?

Attachments

#6 ·
The music I think was "Bongo Furry" by Barrie Gledden, reminded me of same title by Captain Beefheart.
Funny, I was thinking "hmm, kinda reminds me of Captain Beefheart" when I heard it too!

Thanks for clearing that up.

#8 · (Edited)
DonBenito, you are one in a million to remember Captain Beefheart. I am impressed. His music was not very mainstream.:devilish:

Ebbanflood if you start riding now you can be in Verdi in time to join us for the Rubicon Ride, I'll leave the lights on.:grommit:

#11 ·
DonBenito, you are one in a million to remember Captain Beefheart. I am impressed. His music was not very mainstream.:devilish:
And who is Beefheart?

Not to hijack Fred, but I can't resist the opportunity to pick up where top 40 wimps out when given the chance.

It's not for everyone, but if you get it, you get it!

Reactions: Fred
#9 ·
Nice trail. I like it. And who is Beefheart?

Are you doing the entire Rubicon next weekend? I hate to say it but the way it looks now is I can't make it. I just know next weekend is going to be the ride NOT to miss. I just know it, but things just aren't working out where I can go. I am hoping for a sudden change of events and I may show up but honestly, I doubt it. Tony.

#10 · (Edited)
So sorry you can't make it Tony, we will just go a few miles in to get a taste, turn around above Cadillac Hill, go north on 4x4 , explore Blackwood canyon, over BakerPass to end of road overlooking Hell Hole Resivoir maybe, relax along Lake Tahoe on cruise south to Emerald Bay then return.
There is a rumor about "The Ride of Joes" repeating most of this on Aug 23rd as Joeband and Joemama have those days off, can you free up that weekend?
The other good idea cooking is a full run through from Loon Lake to Tahoe after summer if not conflicting with Bikerjosh's Ride.
Captain Beefheart was a very avant garde musician from the 60's/70's who really pushed the envelope of musician expression and conceivable cacophonous composition. Most audiences called it noise but it predated rap and raggae's dub poets use of spoken rather than melodic lyrics. Guy was ahead of his time, too far ahead.

Reactions: 1 Bad dog
#12 · (Edited)
Excellant! Maybe I'll use that for my next video's soundtrack Many thanks, although my wife is giving me funny looks and covering her ears.:grommit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.