TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you gentlemen use the above phone mounts? There is not a lot of real estate on the TW200 handlebar so I was wondering about adaptability. Thanks for any comments.
Hondo perfect squeeze phone mount.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That one does not look like it gives much lead way for location.

I got the Ram Mount from Cyclegear. Dang near perfect for a TW. Holds my GPS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love mine and I don't even put it on the handle bars. I use a 3" RAM mount to the shock support bolt to give it extra vibration resistance and adjust-ability. My last phone mount was hard mounted and broke my iPhone camera due to the vibrations.
IMG_1974.jpg
IMG_1978.jpg
Couldn't take a picture of it with a my phone in it since I'm using my phone to take the pictures :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love mine and I don't even put it on the handle bars. I use a 3" RAM mount to the shock support bolt to give it extra vibration resistance and adjust-ability. My last phone mount was hard mounted and broke my iPhone camera due to the vibrations.
View attachment 199880
View attachment 199882
Couldn't take a picture of it with a my phone in it since I'm using my phone to take the pictures :)

From Amazon:
Ram Mount Motorcycle Base with 9mm Hole and 1-Inch Ball
RAM Mounts RAM-B-238 RAM 2.43" x 1.31" Diamond Base with 1" Ball
Ram Mount Composite Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball Bases

·
Registered
40 Posts
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techmount-techgripper-handlebar-mount-kit

This is what I've used for a couple years now. USed on my TW, Thruxton R, Speed Triple. Holds phones really well, lots of adjustment. Even with some. . . . I'll call it "bird watching hooliganism" phone has never come close to coming out. They also make a powered base version that you can setup to keep your phone charged.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a ram x-grip on a 3" extension. Allows a lot of movement, and rotate and swivel my phone up to take video while riding if I want. I have taper bars and risers, so not really a stock setup but works well.

The note about vibration killing phone cameras is no joke. Really any phone with mechanical stabilization or lenses is at risk, which most mid to upper range phones have in the past few years. I haven't had issues with my TW, but by Scout killed like 3 phone cameras within about 2 months mounted to the handlebars. The camera would lose focus and was permanently blurry, and eventually would just give an error as soon as you tried to use the camera app with a clicking noise from the lens.

Newer phones are getting away from the "floating mirror" and doing the same effects through software, so the actual camera has no moving parts and is more durable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts