TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went the $20 Chinese Ebay hand guards. Yea...they suck and fit for crap. Lesson learned. Looking for a QUALITY set of guards that bolt up - no hassles to my stock Tdub bars.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
See similar threads down at the bottom. Acerbis work and Tusk.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Trackside handguards from cyclegear. Normally like $100 but are almost always on sale for under $50. If you decide you might like them and they are not on sale just wait a week or so and they probably will be. Mine were not even on sale the day I bought them but were the last time I went in and I mentioned it and they gave them to me for $49.
Went on pretty easy, Lots of adjustability. Though I seem to remember having to make shims for the ends where it goes into the bars... Maybe that was the Zetas on the last bike?.... Crap I forget. Only real downside for those that might like to color match to their bike is you can have them in any color you want as long as it is black.
Maxpower is right though, almost always some modding required to the guards to make them fit. Some more than others.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
D-Flex as mentioned best bet for the buck. And very much field tested. I bought mine on recommendation from this site and very glad I did. Easy install on the stock bars.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
+1 for D-flex as a quality mid-price hand guard. The removable plastic covers are available in two sizes and a variety of colors. Mine installed relatively quickly but having shorty levers made things easier to avoid potential furture guard/lever conflicts in event of an impact to the guards...they tend to move a bit under duress.;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just cut out the center of the handgrip (not the whole end), then rolled the rubber grip up the throttle tube to expose the end, and then cut the very end of the throttle tube off. You'll want to loosen the screws on the throttle tube and slide it away from the handlebars before you cut the end off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
...I found it necessary to slide the brake master cylinder, kill switch and throttle assembly inward a bit to make room for the brake lever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts