TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the thread "what's your weakness" I responded that watching negative news is my weakness, well I decided to eliminate all News for the month of July. It's the summer time and I have had enough of watching and reading S^*t I can't change. It is set in stone... I've already told Marian what I'm doing. :). I'm enjoying July without anything that's Negative.

Care to Join Me?

Happy 4th of July. :D

Rick

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well, maybe for a month, but it's my opinion that I mostly watch the news to stay on top of what they enemy is up to and how to prepare myself for the attack. California has a bill in front of the governor for signature that will require back ground check to buy a bullet. They already are outlawing lead for bullets. I've written to the gov how I feel about it. If everyone who feels as I do took the month off, I could find myself a criminal when I get back into the loop. It happened with a few rifles and shotguns I've owned already! Detachable mags, pistol grips, capacity all are now outlawed in California for certain applications. Gun rights is just a tip of the iceberg that Californians have to be vigilant over. And in case anyone thinks this is just a California issue, just remember, as California goes, so goes the rest of the nation.

I will say this; I won't post anything negative for the month, no matter what the situation, here on the TW forum. Just positive stuff. Starting with the Brexit. I made more money for the month of June than I had any previous month for the year in my retirement accounts. So much for the doom and gloomers who predicted the crash of 401K's. Kinda makes me wonder about our own country's bank bailouts, too big to fail. Now THAT I lost a buttload of money on. Far as I'm concerned, the Brits can exit another few times and I'll be set! Ha!

Enjoy the month off and spend the time wisely. I hope you aren't shocked with the world when you come back.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I mostly watch the news to stay on top of what they enemy is up to and how to prepare myself for the attack
Me too.. I'll try to not be negative and stay away from the bad stuff... So I'll just watch cartoons to get me in a good mood.. Maybe something with Elmer Fudd?
Fuddly1.JPG

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too.. I'll try to not be negative and stay away from the bad stuff... So I'll just watch cartoons to get me in a good mood.. Maybe something with Elmer Fudd?
View attachment 32187
There you go Jersey...Thanks, Your the first one to make me laugh today. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Positive news. Mrs. Admiral is getting a new TW next Tuesday.

That is all, carry on!:D
New as in brand new? Or did you find a good new to her? Either way that is good news.

RK, That is a tall order my friend but not impossible. Better not turn on the radio or TV. Too much ugly crap going down these days. That's why I live out in the sticks away from all the chaos. It eliminates much of it. Give me a shout later. JB

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
New as in brand new? Or did you find a good new to her? Either way that is good news.

RK, That is a tall order my friend but not impossible. Better not turn on the radio or TV. Too much ugly crap going down these days. That's why I live out in the sticks away from all the chaos. It eliminates much of it. Give me a shout later. JB
New new from the same place I got my 2015 last year. We bash dealers, but the dealer in Mtn. Home Idaho has been great to us. Last year when we were shopping for a new TW a local Yamaha salesman was one of those slick talking one's we watch out for. Plus, we got a better price in Mtn. Home...by a lot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In the thread "what's your weakness" I responded that watching negative news is my weakness, well I decided to eliminate all News for the month of July. It's the summer time and I have had enough of watching and reading S^*t I can't change. It is set in stone... I've already told Marian what I'm doing. :). I'm enjoying July without anything that's Negative.

Care to Join Me?

Happy 4th of July. :D

Rick
Im still wondering when were going crabbing???????

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It is a tall order but I need a break. If I see a run on the grocery stores I'll turn on the news. Lol. I'm off to WV to ride, fish and metal detect with Mike. I'll call you later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts