TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something popped in my wrist at work the other day and my wrist swelled up. I had to go for workmans comp. The doc wants to see me back in 2 weeks. With my right thumb and forefinger and into my wrist being the main issue. I have to wear a brace where I can't do much of anything. No riding until it heals on up. Please pray for my speedy recovery.

·
Super Moderator
20,693 Posts
Absolutely we will Brother Ken. Hope it gets better soon!!

·
Registered
22,381 Posts
That is terrible news about your throttle wrist Ken, you need that!
So prayers sent.
Would it be possible to seek a second opinion and/or learn as much as possible about possible treatments for your injury in the coming 2 weeks?

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
Getting old(er) sucks some days. Hope it isn't something serious. At least it's not an electrical issue on a TW! No doctor can help with that. :)
Pulling for you pard!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is terrible news about your throttle wrist Ken, you need that!
So prayers sent.
Would it be possible to seek a second opinion and/or learn as much as possible about possible treatments for your injury in the coming 2 weeks?
I am checking out Smashwerx on Youtube and a few other physical therapist sites. Many of my injuries have healed up from doing many of the grueling stretches. The funny thing is that he has you stretching what seems unrelated muscles/tendons. You are actually stretching muscles up-stream of the injury which loosens the injured area up for healing. Odd I thought but it really works. My tendonitis in my elbow, pain in my hip and knee are pretty much history now. This is a tendon also at the base of my thumb. I need a super tendon mineral or something,

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am checking out Smashwerx on Youtube and a few other physical therapist sites. Many of my injuries have healed up from doing many of the grueling stretches. The funny thing is that he has you stretching what seems unrelated muscles/tendons. You are actually stretching muscles up-stream of the injury which loosens the injured area up for healing. Odd I thought but it really works. My tendonitis in my elbow, pain in my hip and knee are pretty much history now. This is a tendon also at the base of my thumb. I need a super tendon mineral or something,
:oops: I can really relate to these comments , I’m having a main issue with pain in the top of my right foot , which is making my walking let’s say , not comfortable , it’s tender to touch but my hips and back don’t feel right and ache , long story short was referred to the physios by the doctor , had the usual examination of hips/ movement of joints etc , to see if problems are skeletal, it’s pretty much down they think and I poss think it’s true that part of my sciatic nerve from spine is getting pinched somewhere , because the nerve branches off from spine and goes through pelvis I believe and down legs to feet .
I’ve got exercises to do with a resistance type rubber band thing which sometimes helps but not always ,
Thing is it can be a hard thing to find out where issue lies with out more tests, sometimes it can sort itself out , but I’m sure it’s in my lower back or right groin area, poss after I had a hernia repaired there, I was also told I had a lipoma in there ( a fatty growth) which they could not fully remove, but yeah it’s not fun getting older , you have to try and keep a positive mind and enjoy life whilst you can

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the prayers. Today I moved my thumb slightly, it popped and it started feeling a lot better. Most of the swelling went down also. With some rest now I think it is recovering.

·
Super Moderator
20,693 Posts
Thanks for the prayers. Today I moved my thumb slightly, it popped and it started feeling a lot better. Most of the swelling went down also. With some rest now I think it is recovering.
Ken, I've had this same injury a couple times in years past. O yeah, it hurts too.

Bro, you might look into Magnesium Natural Mineral Spray. I've been using it on my torn off bicep muscle and Rotator Cuff injury surgery area. I'm sure it is working. Some days it feels so good, it's like I never had an injury or a surgery.

Mountain Yawp is a Physical therapist, maybe he will pop in and comment on this stuff.

Look it up anyway, it's cheap to buy online. It does several things for instance; it relieves joint pain and accelerates muscle recovery. If you put it on your feet, it even helps you sleep!!

Hope this helps

Love ya bro!!

Hang in there!!

tommy

Reactions: Ken and Workingman
1 - 12 of 12 Posts