TW200 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
When we were building our place in Tennessee there was no power or water. Shower were at night with a bucket of luke warm water. As it was fall it was also cold. After a few try's at shaving and doing a better job of cutting myself I said the heck with it. My stubble started to grow out and became a proper beard in a few weeks. I'm now a proud grey beard and as a side bonus I get respect from my back woods friends and fellow bikers.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
my 1st thought was cougar... except cats directly register i.e. their rear tracks directly cover their front tracks, leaving a trail of just two prints. your critter doesn't fit this pattern. ?? chupacabra nortensis?
View attachment 199534 View attachment 199536 View attachment 199538

admiral,
in the interests of science, maybe you could rear mount your camera and slowly drag a roadkill carcass calling here "kitty kitty" to see what you attract?
As noted in my signature line I'm usually dragging a dead body already. I suppose I could hook up a rearward camera for proof. :p

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Beard Check, picture please Admiral. :D

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Looking great Kris!!! Not so gray after all... So dashing and debonair. :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
i guess i got a head start on you, i stopped trimming when we left your place and i won't trim again until i jump on the bike in the spring. drives the wife crazy haha

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
P.S. I still can't go more than a month without a haircut. Must be a military thing. I tried growing it out but can't stand hair touching my ears.
Seems the military had opposite effects on us. Being forced to shave every day and get my hair cut every week made me hate both. I haven't shaved once since I got out.

20191108_153100.jpg

I initially told myself I wasn't going to do either ever again, but then a few years ago some girl told me she likes the bald/beard look, so... yeah.

CAM00474.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think I have had a beard since 1986. I shave once a year in late August, just before Archery Elk Season opens in Idaho. It helps me feel the wind on my face so I know what direction to hunt.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was just informed that "technically" (since we're all attempting to be TW technical) Movember goal is growing out a mustache, I guess it has nothing to do with the beard portion of the conversation. :eek: Just want to make sure we're in the "know" on this one. rest.jpg

The real technical term Movember....

Movemeber is an annual event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men's health issues, such as Anxiety, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's suicide.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You guys need to work on this a little more. Last October was 40 years since I last shaved. I did shave before we got married. Figured that the wife (finance Dept.) was entitled to see what she was getting wed to. Neither of the kids has ever seen me without a beard. I do get it trimmed every few trips t the barber shop. It sure speeds up the morning routine.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts