TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, well my tw200 is on the way to be fixed up. Made some repairs early in the year... but slacked on expenses and the gasket didn't hold. So it was put to the side as my car was running into issues. Finally fixing her all up though and was curious, the person we had bought it from years and years ago (10 or so) didn't hand us over the title or anything, we kinda just put cash in hand and drove off. I was curious I read some articles saying you just have to go to a sheriff or highway patrol and have them check the Vin to make sure it is cleared so you can go tote dmv and register it. I want to get her plated so I have a nice town bike but I heard that it is alot. Harder to do if you do not have a title and that I should just make is a OHV bike. Has anyone else gone through this.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Might be easier to run the numbers in your State. You've had it long enough it may be
entirely off the "system". Scrounge up a Bill of Sale (might have to have a friend sell it to
you). Easy peasy. Way easy at here in the land of cars, Calif.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be easier to run the numbers in your State. You've had it long enough it may be
entirely off the "system". Scrounge up a Bill of Sale (might have to have a friend sell it to
you). Easy peasy. Way easy at here in the land of cars, Calif.
Yea I'm going to do my own VIN check when I'm home from work... then contact the dmv from there and see what needs to be done

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
What state are you located in by the way? We may be able to help you better...if we knew.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts