TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
After 40 years living with Airedales in the House, I must be missing them, came down with a damn sinus infection yesterday, albeit not bad, but did give me a Sinus Headache...maybe it's time to go shopping for a new Airedale when I return from Moab....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I remember Mike Rowe, from that show Dirty Jobs, did a show about germs a year or so ago. One part was about, Who has a cleaner mouth, You or your Dog? They had a clear clean piece of plexi glass. Had a few different dogs, at a dog park, lick the plexi glass, just after licking themselves, the ground, and other dogs in the park. Now, you know what parts of themselves dogs love to lick. Then, Mike, a few guys and gals from his camera crew, and a random few other people licked different pieces of plexi glass to be tested. Both labeled, then taken directly to a testing lab. The dogs mouths were "by far", cleaner, having "much" less harmful (to humans) germs and bacteria, than the humans did. That being said, it's safer for humans to kiss a dog, than it is another human. Hard to believe, but true. Kinda makes ya think.....:eek: Hey, After dinner, I always let my dogs lick my plates clean. Even though, they get washed, look how I turned out....
......:brushteeth:.....:tard:......:icon_cyclops_ani:.....:blink:
:blink:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Most parents today would freakout if a dog licked their child.That's if they ever let it outside the plastic bubble.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting! Never really gave this angle any thought. Grew up with dogs (and other animals), and except for a relatively short transition period after leaving home at 17yrs to go make it on my own, I've always had at least one dog.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
My brother was a K-9 dog handler for the prison system. His dog was a very large German Shepard with a rather large set. After a drug search at the jail my brother and his dog were in the Superintendent's office and the dog promptly laid down and began licking himself. The Supt. looked at the dog and said, "Dam, I wish I could do that". Without skipping a beat my brother said, "Go ahead, he'll let you". Not one of his brightest moments what with a half dozen other officials all standing around laughing their asses off!

GaryL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts