TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!
First post!
Just bought a TW200 that was built here in Thailand. Seems like it may have just been thrown together in the Thai garage from whence it came...
Can anyone give me any insight about what year/style it might be. Mileage unknown but perhaps more experienced riders can tell me some things just by looking.
I figure moving forward it might be good to have some idea of what sort of machine i even own...

(ANY insight is welcome even totally obvious details as i know almost NOTHING...i.e. "looks like you got the such-and-such handlebars/exhaust/tires/etc")

Have a look at photos below,
Thanks!

74591590_567848113986312_4932007471091810304_n.jpg
74205684_563725694371296_6049037325575389184_n.jpg
71897774_544394953026958_8320772818375540736_n.jpg

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Not much info to go by on your bike. Up on the steering neck there should be a label with the serial number and showing the date it was built. That date may or may not be the model year of your bike because some bikes built in the later part of the year could be the following year model. Bikes made for the Japanese and Euro markets are somewhat different than the ones for the US market. Very few of those ever make it to the states. I can't tell if your bike has the original headlight or an aftermarket set up and it appears you are missing all the other electrical and speedometer parts. YUP, it does appear to have been garage built and cobbled together with parts from a few different bikes but heck, if it runs and rides good then just beat it like the mule it is.

GaryL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!
First post!
Just bought a TW200 that was built here in Thailand. Seems like it may have just been thrown together in the Thai garage from whence it came...
Can anyone give me any insight about what year/style it might be. Mileage unknown but perhaps more experienced riders can tell me some things just by looking.
I figure moving forward it might be good to have some idea of what sort of machine i even own...

(ANY insight is welcome even totally obvious details as i know almost NOTHING...i.e. "looks like you got the such-and-such handlebars/exhaust/tires/etc")

Have a look at photos below,
Thanks!
Hello Luckyneckmeats!
I have the exact same bike, same colors too! The registration says it's a 1997. I bought it in 2002 and still have it. Somehow i doubt the registration manuf. date and i still know nothing about it.
What makes matters more confusing is that i have an 11-digit vin number!

There's a thread here where all the models are compiled by year. Hope it can be useful.

Good Luck! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Your bike has likely been rebuilt a few times – as you know, the exhaust can is “custom” – and the tank decals are “incorrect”, though the colour is known. “Pre 2001” is all you need to know, the presence of a kick start is irrelevant, as Jap imports still came with a kicker for all years ….

1 - 4 of 4 Posts