TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEWSFLASH from Cape Town, South Africa (According to my local Yamaha dealer)

Yamaha SA has decided to stop import / sales of the TW200 with immediate effect. There are still a few new bikes left at various Yamaha dealers in SA but these will be sold off over the next few weeks and then thats that!

I have 2 TW's but I always wanted to buy one, brand new. Doesnt look like I'll ever have the chance now.

My only consolation is that Yamaha is apparently still manufacturing TW's for their other markets, so there is a chance I could import one later but still..............

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Thats to bad. I am surprized it is still being sold in the U.S.A as it is sooooo 'old school'. Gerry

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have thought the same thing. Everyone seems to be cutting back on what is not a big money maker now days and with so few TWs on the roads and trails.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys don't know how lucky you are.

TW''s were only available in the UK from '99-'04 and in 125cc form.

·
Registered
614 Posts
125cc's...eeekkkkk!.

That's why my TW is now 225cc. An 80% capacity hike and complete reliability is well worth it.

I also have other bikes 600, 650, and 800.

The TW was bought during a long period of illness when I didn't have the strength to ride my bigger bikes and I just can not bring myself to sell it, and actually still enjoy riding it within the right enviroment.i.e. off the major highways, single track country lanes I take TW every time.

The little fella kept me sane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts