TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony's orig. post

"This might be an option for the Nor Cal group -- do half the Sheetiron 300 -- to the red arrow and back ( sponsored by Oakland MC Club but do it on our own http://oaklandmotorc...club.camp9.org/ ) The website says it is mostly dirt. I figure from Stonyford to Ukiah and back. For get the part about going to Fort Bragg. Just an idea. I think we would have to score some roll sheets to make it work."

This might be an option for the Nor Cal group -- do half the Sheetiron 300 -- to the red arrow and back ( sponsored by Oakland MC Club but do it on our own http://oaklandmotorc...club.camp9.org/ ) The website says it is mostly dirt. I figure from Stonyford to Ukiah and back. For get the part about going to Fort Bragg. Just an idea. I think we would have to score some roll sheets to make it work.

Looked on a GPS track website, looks like there might be established points we can customize for this trip.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I'm in. I was at Indian valley reservoir (on quads) when they came by last year. Lost count after awhile on how many went by......

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
When the days get longer, the air warmer, the ground drier and this flu BS I have is long gone, count me in. I will also try to talk a friend with a Suz 350 to join us.

Roll sheets may not be necessary but still nice to have. I don't have GPS on my bike. It is just one more thing to break when I fall.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I have a Garmin eTrek Legend H gps but I will danged if I can make it do anything useful. However, I was looking around and found

http://gpsxchange.com/

On the first page I clicked on Calif. Second page about 26 down is "Sheetiron 2012". Maybe someone can make use of this. There is a rule about uploading a track before downloading one.........

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might be time to revive this thread and start doing some planning? Thinking March, after the time change weather shoudl be warmer (although, it's 65 today and found my self thinking it was hot-lol)

I'll go back to the site Tony referenced and see if I can upload an old track before trying to download the sheet iron loop.

Josh

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should have specified in rebumping/reviving this thread, this will not be run at the same time as the "official" ride. We'll be doing a half loop of the ride so it can be completed in one day, essentially the eastern half, more to come.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bikerjosh, have you come close on a date for the Sheetiron 150 yet? I'd like to drive down and meet some of you guys, but I need to plan it out in advance.

Good timing, just started working on the gps coordinates for the loop.

Thinking late March or early April. Once I have a good sense of the route we'll see what dates works for the most riders and I'll post up the gps file.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Josh, I am pretty familiar with this area. If you have any questions or seek sugestion, please let me know. As you can tell, I am all in for this ride.

Joe

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Looking forward to this ride. My upgrades are almost done.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking forward to this ride. My upgrades are almost done.
Great, then you can help me re-route my fuel line so it stops getting kinked

Planning is coming along, should have a file to share by sometime this weekend. Need to start getting input on a date to plan the ride where the most folks can join.

Throwing out some dates:

3/23, 3/30, 4/6, ????

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great, then you can help me re-route my fuel line so it stops getting kinked

Planning is coming along, should have a file to share by sometime this weekend. Need to start getting input on a date to plan the ride where the most folks can join.

Throwing out some dates:

3/23, 3/30, 4/6, ????

Ok, slight delay; daughters first birthday was last weekend so didn't get any work done on the gps file. Should have something by end of this weekend.

Any thoughts on dates and attendees? For those of you seriously thinking about doing this one day ride what day Saturday or Sunday and what weekend works best?

Route will be around 125-135 miles mostly offroad. Plan would be to roll out by 8:30 or ? so we can finish and load bikes up before it gets dark.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Josh, I keep watching this thread with great interest. I am located so close to this ride area that I can just roll with whenever works best for others. I will be ready at any time that you come up with. Since Stonyford is so remote, and we will be riding a loop, have you considered using Stonyford as a stop over point for fuel instead of the start, finish point? You may find a more convenient start, finish point along or near the loop you are developing. Just a thought. Again, if you have any questions that I can help answer, I would be happy to do so.

Joe

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i'm not 100% in, but 4/6 increases my chances! i rode up in that area two yrs ago and it's beautiful.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts